We have visited Blue Bay 5 times now, this time for 2 weeks separated by a stint in a villa in nearby La Manzanilla. We would classify Blue Bay as a 5-star of the 3.5 star resorts. The staff are better and better each time we come. The food is great, and the up top restaurant is romantic, the food is wonderful and the service great. We made use of the pool (nicely heated), the ping pong, tennis, beach volleyball, and the amazing beach. The water was warmer this year which brought in some stingrays (absolutely great to see). The surf wasn't as high as usual this year, but still good for body surfing. YES, there were bugs on the beach - they seemed to like me more than my wife.
As in the past, we walked to the nearby town of La Manzanilla 4 or 5 times to visit the galleries, restaurants and shops. A great walk along the beach. From there you can catch a bus to Melaque or Barra de Navidid (larger resort towns) for about a buck. We did this a couple of times, going to a Chili Cookoff, and shopping. We went fishing once, and whale watching another time (saw whales and dolphins) with other couples making the cost cheap. My wife and I also tried boarding (stand on a surf board and paddle along) which worked for her but left me falling in the ocean about 25 times (unbalanced...in more ways than one!).
The evening entertainment was top-notch - many people there went every night. We were sad to leave as usual - thanks Blue Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 4-star all inclusive resort located in the idyllic beaches of Tenacatita Bay, in Mexico's famed Costalegre, only 45 minutes from Manzanillo's Airport. Fulfill your dreams and connect with nature..take a jungle riverboat ride through the magical world of pristine mangroves or go horseback riding along our extensive beach. A haven of fun and relaxation for nature lovers and lovers of all kinds! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Los Angeles Locos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bay Los Angeles Locos Hotel Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Tenacatita
- Blue Bay Club Los Angeles Locos
- Blue Bay Village