“A quaint little B & B quietly hidden in the center of Quebradillas P.R.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Abby B&B

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 2 Quebradillas B&B and Inns
Easton, Pennsylvania
“A quaint little B & B quietly hidden in the center of Quebradillas P.R.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My granddaughter and I stayed at this Villa Abby B&B for 5 days and loved everything about the place. We arrived very early in the morning and were welcomed with a clean room located near the entrance where our car was parked. The B&B is located about 2 1/2 blocks from the center of town and the Church square in Quebradillas, Puerto Rico and close to grocery stores and a few Pharmacies. The staff were great during our stay and kept our room clean and well stocked. We were served breakfast at the time we asked and coffee was always freshly brewed ready to serve. We spent most of our time with family but when we came back to sleep the streets were quiet and we felt safe living in and around the many house's attached to this B&B. We did have one incident where while shopping at the Mall in Hatillo I lost both my Rental car and Hotel keys and spent close to an hour searching for them as the mall was preparing to close and could not find them and take note, this is a B&B (no staff at night) I decided to call them to let them know I was locked out of my room, well believe it or not, not only did I get a call from Villa Abby but the call was from the owner asking/inquiring as to the status of the keys and getting ready to pick us up from the Mall.

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for the offer and for calling back so quickly (Alicia) I was so happy to know you were willing and able to assist us. My cousin was able (at the last minute to find my keys and managements services were not needed. What a great staff to have that night. I will never forget that.

So, if your looking for a clean, quiet, and great hotel with a staff willing and able to make you comfortable and who are attentive to what you the guest need try the Villa Abby for a night or two cause if you don't, I will................again and again !

Oh ! to Sherry L ....... I understand that everyone has a right to there own opinion but I feel you were very unfair in your rating of this B&B, I am a first time visitor to this B&B but I heard no dogs/cats making noise the whole five days and yes we did hear loud music from a car or two but it was in the afternoon and it came and went quickly. I also want to state that you must have stayed in the same room that I stayed in (first floor) and let me tell you the price was very fair for that room considering everything that was offered, but you stated "A HORROR" that is a
ridiculous comment. God Bless you.................. Angelo

Room Tip: The 2nd floor of the B&B has a semi-seating (outdoor) area to rest and socialize and there is a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mimiQuebradillas, Owner at Villa Abby B&B, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are pleased you felt at home with us. We always try to accommodate the needs of our guests and your safety is one of our priorities, no matter where you are in Puerto Rico. We look forward to be of your services in the future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for 9 days, and booked two different rooms (as there were 2 different couples) and we ALL absolutely LOVED everything about the experience. Even before we arrived, any questions we had, were answered via phone and email. We let them know that we would be arriving late (at 10:30PM) and the manager waited for us. The rooms had everything we needed plus extras that you just wouldn't have at any hotel room. They provided anything and everything that we asked or even mentioned we might want. Breakfast was amazing and had anything you requested the day before. They even had an amazing variety of fresh fruit available! The rooms were cleaned daily--where even the shower curtains were changed! The ENTIRE experience was EXCELLENT and we couldn't have been happier. Teresa (the manager) was beyond accommodating--she even printed out our boarding passes for our trip the day before. Where else could you find a place that would do that for you? We will definitely be going back here, and will be sending anyone looking for a place to stay in Puerto Rico, here as well!

Room Tip: Upstairs room has private bath, a balcony and includes a wash pool to wash your clothes by hand. Do...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mimiQuebradillas, Owner at Villa Abby B&B, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are most happy your stay was a very pleasant one. As our motto we are at your service. Will be very glad to see you in another opportunity.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We used this b & b as our "home base" as we explored the west and central parts of the island. We found it to be an excellent location and a pretty easy drive to several great touring destinations (Bosque de Guánica, Bosque de Guajataca, Camuy Caves, Arecibo Observatory).

Wendy and Eric were gracious hosts and very friendly. We enjoyed having a private balcony off our room to read and emjoy the sun.

If you're looking for comfortable and home-like accommodations, we think this fits the bill quite nicely.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review, Your business is most important for us and we look forward to be of your service again.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

It is as if the other reviewers stayed in a different place. I had to double check the name and address. It was clean, but very dingy, shabby, and run-down. Everything reeked of chemical odors. It is a small house crammed in among other small houses in a densely populated, dirty neighborhood. We hardly slept because of cats squawling and fighting, dogs barking and fighting, people driving by with their car radios booming as loudly as possible. Of course the bedroom was very close to the street. We are elderly and had had a long, tiring day and so were too exhausted to go find another place when we got there, otherwise we would never have stayed the one night we did. We paid $87.20 for the room. The next day we went to Hotel La Guajataca and got a large room with a balcony overlooking the ocean for $98.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We are truly sorry you're stay was not a pleasant one and we apologize. There are certain things beyond our control like exterior noises , if we would have known we could have moved you to another room not so close to the street. We appreciate your honesty and will use your experience to better our service.
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Came back to our room on Valentine's Day Eve to find roses, candy in a souvenir mug and a bottle of wine including glasses and a bottle opener. This was the icing on the cake of a truly hospitable stay in Quebradillas.

Full breakfasts cooked to order (e.g. the best french toast we've ever tasted), helpful tips on places to visit, directions over the phone when we got turned around on the way from the airport - - Wendy, the manager, clearly knows how to make her guests comfortable!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Alicia & her husband were way over the top friendly, nice and HELPFUL. Prior to arriving, I spoke on the phone to her several times and she actually assisted me with my itinerary of where to go in PR. She also helped me find other accomodations - talk about going above & beyond! Their B&B was very nice and had an awesome breakfast. We arrived late in the evening and it was Good Friday, so Alicia offered to take me for a walk to the town center, which was only a block from their B&B, they were having a Good Friday service that was nice to see (it was about 3.5 hrs long). Would certainly stay here again - hospitality and stay were awesome!

• Stayed April 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Staying at Villa Abbey was an unexpected treat. I didn’t feel like a guest; I felt I was home. I had to attend an event in Quebradillas and a friend recommended this Bed and Breakfast. What a wonderful surprise! First, its location is near the airport in Aguadilla (about 25 minutes), and is in the heart of Quebradillas. Second, the vintage architecture of the house expressed a timeless charm. The original carved double wooden doors, beautiful floor tiles, and walls decorated with the pictures of the family matriarch, the original owners and other locally known figures, evoke the rich history of the building. The room I stayed in (Queen for 2 guests) was clean and comfortable, with a wall air conditioner, spacious closet and large dresser.

The service provided by the manager, Wendy, was excellent. Her personal attention, warmth and friendliness far exceeded my expectations of service.
This family-owned and run bed and breakfast was perfect for me and can be for those interested in experiencing life in an unhurried, welcoming ambience. There's plenty of sightseeing, whether it’s the local restaurant, the beautiful scenery or the many historical sites in Quebradillas and nearby towns.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Villa Abby B&B? Share your experiences!