“so what is a little old, it is the most beautiful view in pr.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parador El Guajataca

You added Parador El Guajataca to your Saves list
Parador El Guajataca
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road #2 , Km 103.8 | Terranova Ward, Quebradillas 00678, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quebradillas
nyc
“so what is a little old, it is the most beautiful view in pr.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

my name is shey roman and i have been travelling to this hotel for 2o years. i was born in ponce but i stay here because i love it ! i love the staff, the pool the walk to the river and the ocean. i wake up to this beautiful view and it sets my soul free. i can connect with the ocean and be free. so for the haters ....too bad, nothing in life is perfect its how you view it......oh and about the dogs ...its sad but if you give a **F bring them food.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
whitehall, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

The view alone is worth it!!! It is NOT a party/happenning place, which we loved. We wanted quiet and solace; that's exactly what we got. We wanted a convenient location to all our favorite places to visit in-land and the Guajataca provided that as well. Sureya, Edwin and the rest of the staff are very personnable and helpful. They provided valuable information in terms of local color and places to visit, churches, etc. Even when my husband became ill they were quick to provide help and directions to the nearest clinic. Throughout the stay they were very concerned and accomodating. This is our second visit there and we will return in the future. That area of the island is our absolute favorite and the Guajataca provides great, affordable,and clean lodging and very close to the island's best beaches! The view is absolutely breathtaking, you have to see it to believe it! If all you want is to go sightseeing in country and then crash for the night in a quiet place, this is the place for you. I loved being able to fall asleep to the sound of the waves crashing nearby everynight.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
new haven,ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

we stayed here at a last minute... the front desk lady Rosa gave us a good deal just to sleep. arrived at 8pm and checked out at 8am. it was a little weird that there is no stay thru out the night. the continental breakfast was a real dissapointment. but the fact that one of the pools was heated and open thru out the night was a real treat. we didnt have to worry about someone telling us we couldnt jump in the pool :)

• Stayed January 2010
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I made reservations two weeks prior to my arrival on June 16, 2009. Checking in alone was dissatisfying. I was asked to wait outside the clerk's office while he attended another guest. So long was the wait that I went for a walk and returned 20 minutes later figuring this was more than enough time. No such luck! After waiting yet another 10 minutes, I went for a second walk. Upon returning the clerk greeted me courteously but rendered no apology for my wait.

I checked into room 202. As soon as I entered, I heard voices from the room next door. Not that the next-door guests were loud. But, the rooms were connected by a common door which was too thin, making it possible for me to hear their conversation.

I requested another room. I was sent to room 208. As I made my way to 208, I observed several pieces of litter and an outdoor lamp dangling from exposed wiring. Although this room was not connected to another, I was appalled by what I experienced upon entering. Flies and mosquitoes buzzed around as I took a wiff of a foul odor. The bathroom window had no screen and could not be closed allowing insects to enter. The room's brown floor tiles and decor was dark, drab, and depressing. Given that I was hungry, I left my luggage and proceeded to the restaurant. But...it was closed that day!!!

I left disappointed in search of a nearby place to eat. Having found a nearby place, I mentioned my experience to the waitress. She told me how she'd heard similar complaints. She then recommended a place across the road from Guajataca called Parador Vistamar. As soon as I finished my early dinner, I drove to Vistamar and was amazed by what I saw. Not only was the place modern, clean, and with a better view but, the room fees were lower!!!

I raced back to Guajataca and told them I needed to check out. They would not reimburse me. I explained the odor and fly issue in room 208. I was handed a bottle of odorizing spray and was told that someone would be there soon with insecticide. "No thanks" I said. And with that proceeded to leave minus 118 dollars.

I have no regrets for the decision I made. I enjoyed two beautiful days at Vistamar. This is one place I will definitely return to. BUT NOT GUAJATACA!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Quebradillas hotels

Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2009

This is a run down place that cater primarily to local weddings. During our stay the restaurant was closed ("kitchen repairs"), personnel not friendly, breakfast awful (no place to sit, one day no coffee, another day almost no food). They show two pools on their web site. One pool is dirty and there is nobody to clean it, another is supposed to be attended by a life guard, and for this reason always locked. Only one eatery nearby - an extremely overpriced seafood restaurant with bad food. The room overlooked the ocean and it's really beautiful, but the beach is not suitable for swimming - too many sharp rocks. Everything you can go see from Guajataca is accessible from San Juan.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Yauco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Excellent stopover. ..in reception the girls were very kind, very clean the room, excellent pools, the most that we enjoy was the jacuzzi, the unique thing that didn't like a lot was that the restaurant that does not have a lot of variety in foods, but have very excellent service. ..and they should remodel the outsides of the inn so that be seen prettier, but of the others attractive we be recommended him!!!!!

• Liked — Pool & Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — External view of the parador
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

We stayed at the Guajataca with a large group of family and friends for a local wedding. The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and accomodating once you ask them for whatever it is that you want. It has a basically local clientele and as such is not up to the tourist oriented hotels that you find nearer San Juan or in the resort areas. The view is magnificent and rivals any worldwide (and I've seen many), but the hotel itself is getting long in the tooth. One really big negative was the noise! The outside bar is open Thurs, Fri, and Sat from midnight until the wee hours (0530!). The music rocked the walls and it was impossible to sleep. We had a great stay because of the nature of our group and really enjoyed the warm reception of our Puerto Rican hosts in nearby Isabella, however, this would never be on my list of vacation destinations otherwise.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Parador El Guajataca? Share your experiences!