“Poor Maintenance” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Parador El Guajataca

You added Parador El Guajataca to your Saves list
Parador El Guajataca
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Road #2 , Km 103.8 | Terranova Ward, Quebradillas 00678, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Quebradillas
P.R.
“Poor Maintenance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

I need to advise to anyone the conditions of the Hotel el Guajataca in Quebradillas Puerto Rico. What a big surprise! You just have to see the photos and judge the conditions of this hotel. The door was damage, the wall had a hole, the mirror bathroom was mouldy, the towels were so in bad conditions, the closet, the outside pool chairs, etc.

The hotel have the perfect spot just right in the beach and the ocean view if amazing but is clear that they do not give maintenence it. Puerto Rico is a beautiful island and has better places to stay.

Stayed January 2007
Sureya, owner at Parador El Guajataca, responded to this review, October 6, 2007
The room that they have is already renew, with jacuzzi
sorry but that was the last room without renovations.
plaese comeback soon

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

I stayed here 3 nights, the hotel gets lots of locals on the weekend but is empty during the week. The room is very basic, with a small bancony. There are tiny ants all over the place, don't keep food in your room or they will be in it! I complained about the ants but they did nothing. I even changed rooms from the original I was in, the 2nd floor was a little better. The pool is Hugh! I had it myself during the week. The biggest attraction at this Hotel is the view and beach. The waves are BIG, you cannot swim here but if you like hanging out on the beach, this is the spot! Be careful if you walk in the surf, I cut my foot on some coral and had to have the life guard fix me up.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Ants!
  • Tips/Secrets — There is a great lookout at the top of the hill, pull over and check out the view! Also, down the road is a park with an old train tunnel you can walk through right along the beach.
  • Stayed November 2005, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

Very nice view, pools where excellent but rooms are in need of a renovation asap. Food was good but not much to choose from. Bar ok but did not have any ice for the rooms or DRINKS. This hotel can be such a special place if only they renovated the place. Also did not like the fact that we had to share the pool with people that are not staying in the hotel. I hope the management reads this too. The got alot of work to do.

Stayed July 2006
Norfolk, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2006

If you are loking for luxury and pampering, go elsewhere. If you want the most gorgeous view and a patio to look off of, sounds of ocean waves to lull you to sleep, stay here. Great for kids with a playground and pool. I have been there > 10 times. Bakery and retaurants nearby.

I have been to Puerto Rico > 20 times for business and love to come here for privacy and the view

• Stayed December 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

We stood one night, it was like staying @ a cheap motel except for the view. It was like pulling teeth to get clean towels and the room was very dull. The view was nice but nothing extravegant. The pool was really the only nice thing although we had to wait for the life guard to show up. ( he was late) I would never, ever return there. The soda machines were broken. The ice machine was no where to be found. It really wasn't a nice stay at all. Sorry

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

My girl and I stood at this hotel WHAT a BIG mistake.... We payed $140.00 for the night and they dont even have room service. They are worse than a cheap motel. The vending machines do not work. The restaurant was very expensive and serves only sea food. What about people that are allergic to sea food? The room was nasty with peeling walls and the A/C work as loud as a truck. The did not gave us shampoo, rinse or nothing in the bathroom. Anyway I do not recommend this place. It s----.... It can not be rated....

• Stayed March 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

My husband and I were suppose to stay for 4 days we only stayed 1 night. This place is terrible I spent the whole enitre night killing bugs and roaches in the room. The food in the restaurant had a bug in my rice. I was so disapointed this place has a wonderful view of the ocean but the cleanliness is terrible. The room was so dirty I didnt even want to lie on the bed. For the amount of money this place charged us for a night you could go further up to Aguadilla and stay at El Cielo Mar and get a wonderful room with delightful people. Thats what we did, thank god we were able to get a room at that place. I would not stay in the hotel even if the room would be free of charge. Please no one stay here, my husband and I stood 2 nights in San Juan at the Hilton what a difference to this place.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Parador El Guajataca? Share your experiences!