“Really Dissapointed with Caña Gorda Beach” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Methuen, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Really Dissapointed with Caña Gorda Beach”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

As a child this was my favorite beach. I had not been back in almost 2 decades and of course I didn't have unrealistic expectations of it being exactly the same but I was less than impressed with what I found. The sand was so dirty, plastic utensils, napkins, cups, and food all over the place. The amount of flies everywhere was overwhelming and the actual beach water was disguisting - not only was it completely full of seaweed but we also found floating debris (plastic cups and bottles) floating around. I stayed in the water all of 10 minutes and the stress of seeing such a once beautiful beach look so awful just gave me a migraine - the rest of my afternoon was spent in a hammock, away from it all.