“Simply the Best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
West Hartford, CT
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I have been dining at La Piccola for years. It is located in the lobby of the El San Juan Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is the finest Italian restaurant I have ever been in...bar none. Beautiful restaurant, impeccable service and wonderful food. Overall an exquisite experience. It is expensive, but worth it. I can't wait to go again.

• Visited April 2013

McLean, VA
“Excellent Italian Restaurant in Old San Juan Resort & Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Always hesitant to try hotel restaurants as generally they are overpriced with mediocre food. La Piccola Fontana was definitely an exception. Literally steps from our elevator door while staying at the Old San Juan Resort & Casino, this place was excellent in every regard. They have a special $35/pp fixed menu with several excellent choices. We were informed, however, that portion sizes were half the size of the regular menu. It that was half, I cold have gone for a quarter size! I went with the Ceasar Salad and the 6oz. petite filet which comes with penne pasta or linguini in a meat sauce. Price also includes dessert of either sorbet or creme brulee. Meat was cooked to perfection with a glaze sauce. Could not finish the penne but I wanted to. Wine list is excellent. Ambiance is great for a romantic date. Wine list was excellent. Service was outstanding. With a bottle of nice wine and tip, bill was $140...I think a reasonable amount for a restaurant of this calibre. I would definitely recommend a visit...!

• Visited October 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Swordfish to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Beautiful dish cooked to perfection with a light wine and vegetable sauce - plus best coffee since we arrived in Puerto Rico
Very good 2008 Chianti to compliment meal

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Exemplary service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived here with no reservations while staying at the Intercontinental. Hell, we weren't even dressed accordingly but they sat us quickly. The food & décor were awesome. I ordered a creamy Risotto plate while she had a phenomenal dish w/ sausage as well. My 5 star review is based on the excellent service. This was one of our favorite experiences of all time! Food was delicious, but our waitstaff pushed it over the edge. They were THAT great. I wouldn't stay at the El San Juan, but this restaurant is now one of my faves!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Parkland, Florida
“Yummy! Stayed at the Ritz but came here to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great decor, atmosphere, menu options and service. This was our favorite meal while we stayed in Puerto Rico. They did not have a kids menu, so they made up a meal for my kids - and they loved it. So many options to choose from, really good flavors, portions etc. Really enjoyed this meal. We were not rushed, service was fabulous. Really interesting specials. Make a reservation.

• Visited July 2013