“Needs improvement” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Tapas
Puerto Rico
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Food is expensive for the portion they served. The ambience and the place needs to improve, the service was very good. The parking is another issue, you have to find a parking near to the bar.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
“Love the sushi.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Love the sushi.very nice atmosphere, and the team is very friendly. Do reservations otherwise will need to wait for assistant

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
PUERTO RICO
“Nice place, service needs improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I went with my husband on a Friday night. I expected a hostess or anyone to greet us at the door, we wandered to the back until I finally asked someone that I assumed was a waitress. She asked us nicely to wait until a table was cleared, about 3 minutes. We loved the decor, ambiance and live music. We sat at the outside terrace that had small tables and candelight, very romantic. Our order was taken right away and we had the first of our 4 tapas in about 5 minutes, as soon as we were finished with one plate, they other one was already there. The food kept coming but we were already having our second plate and still waiting for our drinks, nothing fancy, we just ordered Sprite and water. My husband wanted bottled water, they didn't have any. When we asked for another water, the waiter forgot and we saw him socializing at the bar. We had the pork egg rolls, crab cakes, dumplings and argentinian sausage, we liked all of them. Taste and presentation were very nice. We will return and hope that service is better.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
“Very Long Wait. Bigger dish came out before smaller appetizers.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

A friend and I went to Momo's for dinner on a Friday. It was packed and the place was booming! too bad there were only two servers the entire evening. My friend and I both ordered pizzas and smaller appetizers.

I know this is a tapas bar and everything is considered a "snack/appetizer". But, I would imagine if I ordered calamari and pizza, the calamari would arrive first, then the pizza. Just a thought.

My friend also ordered a glass of wine. When the super TALL glass arrived at our table, it was about 1/4 full. I can't imagine going to a restaurant and paying $6 for less than a half of a glass of wine. We both looked at the glass with amazement. Three sips and the wine was gone...

Well, the pizzas were okay, nothing to brag home about. I would say if I did choose to go there again I would choose the pizza. The calamari was over-breaded and bland, and the three sauces it came with were awful with calamari.

About 25 minutes after I ate my pizza and calamari, my friends sliders finally came. It was a but awkward that our food did not come at the same time. We even addressed the waiter regarding the missing order and it took a total of 45 minute to finally receive the sliders.

My experience at Momo's not great...Our wait was ridiculous. There were only two servers the entire night, the food was not too great. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. Maybe a taco truck. I'm sure I'd get better service and better tasting food.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Eat here for bad food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

My friend and I went to Momo’s on a Sunday night and it was very quiet. She ordered the spicy soft shell crab sushi and Argentinian sausage. I ordered empanadas and some other sushi that was supposed to come with avocados and mango.

Well they were out of both avocados and mango so I ordered the last remaining sushi which had strawberry and kiwi and I am still not sure why I ordered it not do I remember what was inside.

We asked the price of the sangria and were told 5 USD a glass. So we both ordered a glass of sangria and a glass of tap water. I wanted both my tap water and sangria without ice.

My empanadas came and they seemed like something out of a Costco box. My friend's Argentinian sausage was actually pretty good.

Then they brought out our sushi. Mine was fine but I picked off the strawberry and kiwi. It was very bland and we both ended up asking for additional wasabi, as we had to cake it on because it was not spicy at all. It was really weird pasty wasabi, more like green chalk.

My friend had ordered the spicy soft shell crab sushi and it was so nasty. It was not soft shell crab but it was imitation crab. That is disgusting. Who in their right mind would serve fake crab in a restaurant? I am from San Francisco and crab season comes around the holidays. Our tradition is crab for Christmas dinner. When I was home this year I had crab 5 times in less than two weeks. I could never ever imagine eating fake crab, yet it being served in a restaurant.

I ordered another sangria without ice and then asked for the bill.

They charged us 5 USD for my friend's sangria and 10 USD for each of mine. Just because I don't like ice I was charged double. I would never pay 10 USD for a wine glass size of sangria. These people must be on drugs. If you want to give me less because of the ice put less in the glass but don't charge double after we already asked the price.

When the waiter dropped off the bill he didn’t come back to pick it up for almost 25 minutes. I think he didn’t agree with the 10 USD per sangria but he completely disappeared and we just wanted the bill corrected, to pay, and then to get out of there. It was really odd and we were getting more and more pissed off the longer we waited for the waiter to come back.

I cannot recommend the food or service at this restaurant.

• Visited January 2012