“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 23 Activities in Carolina
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Caribbean Outfitters provide a premier sport fishing charter in San Juan since 1994. We offer Deep Sea Fishing on a beautiful Bertram 35 fully rigged for marlin, swordfish, tuna, mahi-mahi and wahoo. All Shimano Tiagara and Penn International reels will be provided along with fresh ballyhoo and top branded lures. Fully bathroom and salon are part of the comfort First Lady will provide. Our light tackle for tarpon division offers 2 state of the art bay boats. A Pathfinder 24 fully rigged a Yamaha four stroke 200hp, 100 gallons of bait wells, full color fish finder, 25 gallons of fresh water, Shimano Stella reels, Fluorocarbon leaders and Owners hooks, is our live bait fishing machine. As part of our fleet we provide a Hydra Sport Bay Bolt fully rigged with plenty of room for fly fishing. With the best American and local staff, Caribbean Outfitters will provide a full sport fishing experience in San Juan. Sport Fishing Mag. April 2010 Feature Caribbean Outfitters and San Jose Lagoons as one the top 14 places in the world for tarpon.
Silver Lake, KS
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently went tarpon fishing with Captain Omar on our visit to Puerto Rico. The Tarpon were a little finicky that day but we had bites, and had 4 on the line but didn't manage to get any in the boat. This trip was still wonderful and I would do it again in a heart beat. The lagoons we fished in were beautiful and Omar constantly put us on fish. He was very professional and knowledgeable. I asked a lot of questions and learned a lot. Omar was very nice and easy going and you can tell he is really passionate about fishing and sharing his knowledge and experience with others. We could have sat out there and talked for another 6 hrs. I had originally wanted to use my fly rod but Omar advised that a spinning rig with dead bait would be better because of the conditions and high amount of rain they had got the past couple days. I highly recommend anyone looking to fish for tarpon to book with Omar. I am definitely planning another trip if not many more to go fishing with Omar again.

Visited July 2013

Beach City, Texas, United States
“THE highlight of my Puerto Rico trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This Texas girl somehow found herself alone in Puerto Rico for the first time. I couldn't imagine being in Puerto Rico and not going fishing for fish that I cannot catch in Texas....so, after reading great reviews on Caribbean Outfitters on TripAdvisor, I decided to call Captain Omar for a 4-hour trip. I've fished with guides before, but he is one of the best....very knowledgeable about the fish, the area, and the habitat there altogether. We caught two tarpon, and that was the most exciting fight of my fishing life! He really made me feel welcome and at ease, and even went above and beyond by pointing me to a great restaurant for dinner that night. He's just a great guy all around. I cannot wait until the next trip, and think that instead of staying at the hotels on the beach, I'll probably book at his Tarpon Nest Lodge. Thanks again, Capt. Omar...until next time, friend :-)

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great day..................”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I fished with Captain Omar yesterday and had a great time. In addition to a successful day of fishing (11 in the air with two caught fish), Captain Omar shared his vast knowledge of Tarpon and the area's fishery in general. I learned a bunch! What a great fish!

Not only was the fishing fantastic but Captain Omar is fun to be around. He laughs easily and doesn't take himself too seriously like some fishing guides do.

Most importantly Captain Omar is more than patient with all the mistakes that new Tarpon anglers (like me) inevitably make. If a mistake is made he clearly explains what to do differently next time in a non-condescending manner that really takes the pressure off.

He came highly recommended and I was not disappointed in the least.

Visited July 2013
Staten Island, New York
“Joseph Picariello Great Day With Capt Omar June 28,2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been fishing with Capt Omar for many year and have not been disappointed he is a great Capt and good friend my last fishing trip on june 28 2013 was fantantics we jumped ten tarpon landing six and having sa great time together I have fished in many places in the world this fishery is one of the best for tarpon combine that with Capt omar knowledge and friendly approach makes for a great day on the water Capt Omar again I want to thank you for a great day of tarpon fishing I look forward to our next trip together

“Marlin fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I went out on a 6 hour charter fishing for Marlin. Unfortunately we did not catch any marlin but the captain and the mate were top notch and spoke English very well which was great because I speak zero Spanish. I went in June fishing for marlin but if I had the opportunity I would go in July or August because that's when the marlin are suppose to be more in that area.