“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Playa (La Playita Bar)

Hotel La Playa (La Playita Bar)
Calle Amapola #6 | Isla Verde, Carolina 00979, Puerto Rico
787-791-1115
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 34 things to do in Carolina
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great place to eat and to relax!! Don't know about the hotel bcs I have never stayed. But recommend restaurant and deck (!) 100%!

Visited October 2012

Tampa, Florida
“Quaint Hotel with bad plumbing....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel La Playa has gone corporate. Since it's inception into the corporate world, La Playa has lost its flavor and great customer service. First of all....THERE IS NO HOT WATER! The hot water pressure is so low that that the trickle effect makes it feel like a Chinese water torture. If you don't mind bathing in cold water then this place is great. Besides that, the rooms are quaint with flat screens and great air conditioners. The hotel is pretty clean and the staff admirable. Overall I give it a 3.5.....only because I love hot showers and the cold showers killed my swag. If you decide to stay there....get the bigger room with the king sized beds. They are oceanfront and worth the price.

“Bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

As a concierge I made reservations for myself and a friend. The staff is terrible, they looked lost or without any experience of customer service. We ordered the cheapest that I would think on their menu which are burgers and fries and soda. Ended up paying $48.00 which I think is way to high for this kind of meal. The waiters should thank God that on the bill the tip was already included because they only visit our table twice; one to bring the food and second to bring an extra soda that I screamed for. It is a shame because I continuously was sending guests to this location for a quick bite while they were enjoying the beach. Never will recommend or visit this place again. Two positive things: at least they know how to grill a burger and the person that was outside the property helping with traffic, was super friendly and found us an awesome parking spot.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Bang for Your Buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am a single mother that was looking to get away to Puerto Rico on a budget. I had made a reservation, then after reading the reviews on here I became very hesitant to say the least. I expected sub-par conditions, and thought that it would resemble something from John Candy's movie Summer Vacation. When I was waiting for my connection in the airport I called the hotel and spoke with Linda. Linda was so accomodating and assured me that everything would be in order because of my special medical requests. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by Julio a member of the staff. Julio came out to the taxi and assisted me and my three little ones with our luggage. Julio checked us in and then showed us our room. There was diffinitely access to the beach, and just a few paces from the hotels main entrance. The room was nice, clean, and serine. I was so pleasantly satisfied.When ever we needed anything the hotel staff was more than accomodating. I wanted to rent beach chairs, Linda provided them to me at no charge. We came from the beach and Julio was there to rinse the sand off of us. The breakfast bar was simple but served its purpose, the view from the patio is amazing. Linda provided me with such good suggestions and directions I ventured out to Old San Juan. I felt safe and secure. I can't wait to go back. Everyone is going to have their take on their visit. I can honestly say that for everything that the staff does that they really didn't have to do I thank them. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. I find holes in the cliche 'you get what you pay for.' I didn't spend much in comparison to the other hotels, but my stay was priceless. I do agree that the food prices were higher than I would have guessed and yes the tip was included, but the reasoning behind that is probably profit margin. Thank you so much Hotel la Playa, Linda, and Julio. I will recommend you to all of my friends.

Visited June 2012
“Never coming back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Wen with my wife two drinks to meals we pay $60 the tip was included (I think that's illegal) the place looks really old the fans on the roof looks like 40 year old we never coming back to this place again we walked like 5min to a place calls Metropol looks awesome got a/c and is chipper food amazing