“Not much service here :(” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 106 restaurants in Carolina
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Not much service here :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We tried it for lunch, it took forever to order! Think the waiter didn't like having customers there.... It was not a lot of other guests there-and I understand why! The food was ok when it finally came... They never came to see if we needed more drinks or asked how the food was. Dont think they wanted us to pay, we had to ask for the check too. I will not go back there as long as they dont give you any service!

47% Recommend
Huntsville, Alabama
“Girlfriend Got ROOFIED HERE!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The service was horrid at the bar, so I tried to find a seat inside. I was finally seated after much confusion and wasted time. While I was trying to get my girlfriend and I an inside seat, I told her to wait at the bar and try and get herself a drink if she could get someone to serve her. I went and got her after I got us a seat and within 15 minutes, while trying to eat, she became very drunk-like (and she only had 1/3 of a small margarita). She got to the point where she could not hold food in her mouth or drink water without it running down her chin. We left pretty quickly, and she was close to unconscious by the time I got her back to our room next door. I got her to the bed, and she was unconscious. This was new year's eve, and fireworks started going off about 45 minutes after we got to the room. I could not wake her and when she awoke the next morning, she had no recollection of leaving Lupis. If you get a drink at this place, make sure and watch them make it. If you are a single woman going here, take my advice and don't chance it.

Regarding the food here, it is fair, but nothing to get excited about. I have eaten here on three different occasions due to the convenience of its location to my hotel, but rest assured, I will never return.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Carolina, Puerto Rico
“Very Good!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice food, not 100% mexican but very acceptable for locals, nice informal atmosphere and excellent pricing!! Recommended.

Visited July 2012
“Not mexican anymore!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Agreeing with the previous review, this is not Mexican anymore. In my college years this was a very nice Mexican place, plus a great sports bar. Not anymore. I have visited about once a year for the past two years. Each time the place had a different menu, each time less Mexican. Currently the menu has only one page of supposedly Mexican food, of about 10 pages. The basic chips and salsa are nowhere to be found. We just ordered the basic burrito and the beef was extremely salty. Good thing that refried beans, sour cream and guacamole come canned, because at least those were edible. Not complete with no good food, the waitress brought the bill change short by 8 cents, without saying anything. The only good thing was that the food was served in less than 10 minutes, and we were in a rush.

Salinas, Puerto Rico
“FAKE MEXICAN!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had to HAGGLE FOR FREAKING CHIPS AND SALSA. It was a slow Saturday afternoon and they had not chips and salsa in a MEXICAN RESTAURANT. The guy was lying though because after a few rounds of this, he brought out some chips after about 20 minutes. Besides that weird waiter, they were all kind of spaced out and the atmosphere was not friendly. The food was OILY and didn't taste Mexican at all. The cook has never eaten Mexican food. The "Carne Asada" was oily and hard to chew. This place is terrible as are most restaurants in Puerto Rico with their poor service and stupid mistakes and loooooong waits because 4 people are waiting at the door or texting on their phones in the back like children. To top it off, this place was EXPENSIVE. I felt cheated.
Stay away from Lupis. Just go to the restaurant in your hotel in Isla Verde. It'll be better.
I'm happy to say I've steered 10+ people away from this hole personally.

• Visited December 2011