“sport club atmosphere...good food and drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
virginia
“sport club atmosphere...good food and drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2007

Love the Grouper fingers and wonderful margaritas...after a cruise always try to schedule lunch as Lupi's is not far from the airport in the Isle Verde area (next to El San Juan Hotel)...going this December 2007 and cannot wait for the Grouper Fingers

47% Recommend
New York City, New York
“OK place to go”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2007

my bf and i went there since our hotel was just a block away. the hotel is obviously entirely aimed at tourists since the prices are wuite high and the music at night is very american like.. i mean not intended to highlight the latin life there. anyways.. just go there to get burger and fries and may be the puerto rican burrito. but tother wise try to avoided.. instead go to METROPOLI just a little walk up and across the street next to the cockfight coliseum..

overall i wouldnt recommended

Tennessee
“Not Cheap, Not Good, Horrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

When we were in San Juan, we took a tour with a really nice guy who knew everything about San Juan. The whole way through the tour, he was telling us how outrageously expensive everything was in Old San Juan, so he was going to take us to eat at this great restraunt that was much more reasonable. We get there and we had one hour to eat, because we had to get to the airport to catch our flight home.
The waitress took our order and I ordered one cheese enchillada - no sides, my husband ordered one beef burrito, one soft taco and it came with rice, and we got a kids chicken finger basket (2 chicken fingers and fries) and a house margarita and a sprite. 30 minutes after we ordered, the server came back out and asked us what we had ordered. 45 minutes later, we still did not have our food. So, I started getting really upset. When the waitress came back out, we told her we did not want the food. because we had to get back on our bus. She said. oh, no, wait, and brings us out our food. ?? Except, it wasn't even what we ordered. My husband's dish had like 2 pork somethings. And mine was cold. We tried to explain to her that we had to leave - we pointed to the people getting on the bus. She told us she would get us boxes so we could take it to go. (Because that would be really fun to eat as we carry 5 suitcases and a 2 year old into the airport. ) Then, she runs off and hadn't given us the bill. We should have just left, but the bus driver kept saying how the owner was like family to him, so we were in a really akward position. I asked several other servers for our bill, and finally she came back out with our bill. It was $70!!! At the mexican restraunt next to my house it would have been $20. It would not have been such a big deal except we did not get to eat it, it was not what we ordered, she charged me for a refill of SPRITE, and her nice 20% gratuity was added on there. I was almost in tears and the tour guide/bus driver did absolutely nothing. He told me I should get tell the server to take her tip off. So, even though he was knowledgable, I would never suggest him. I am pretty sure he said something abou the name of his tour group was Hillbilly Tours. He is originally from New York. If you get on his bus, do not eat at that restraunt! That really messed up our last day.

New York City
“Best budget fun place in Isla Verde”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2007

Been there several times over the years and the service is the same if not better over time. I highly recomend this place.

NJ
“GREAT SPORTS BAR WITH GREAT FOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2006

This was a fun place to go to! We watched the Yankee game there and ate very plump wings! The fajitas are excellent! The burgers are good too. And the service was good as well. We went there twice because we liked it so much.