“Poor poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wichita Falls
“Poor poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Order for a four top. Waiter got the order completely wrong. Brought me a plate of lobster that I did not order. Then said it was his fault and then said he would bring the right order. That never happened. Got here around 730ish...not leaving till 1040. wth!! Got the ticket and the waiter still charged us for the full plate. Said we could not take of the charge BC we ordered it, all this even after we talked to the damn manager. Screw this place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Coralito, Owner at Platos Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I appreciate the review of your visit to our restaurant. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering the service that we are accustomed. I am very sorry for the miscommunication between you and the waiter. I noticed that the assistant manager recognized the miscommunication and provided you a 30% discount. Nevertheless please accept our apologies. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize. I assure that your comments are incredibly important to us.

“Just Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Wao, This is my third time in this place and I will just keep going back. Excellent service, awesome food, the best sangria in the whole Island!!! a bit expensive though but worth the money!! specially the champagne sangria..

Very nice place, if you are tourist you will feel like home... everybody speaks good English..

Highly Recommended!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“Food was not that great. We wanted to try Puerto Rican food for the first time and this was not a good experience!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The food tasted like it came from the microwave and quick packet foods and the chicken was very dry! Mcdonalds tastes better sadly!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Would go out of my way to go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I saw a commercial for the restaurant while in Ponce and thought maybe if it is close when I get to Carolina I'll try it. When I checked into the Hampton Inn they informed me that it was across the street and they had just ordered lunch form there. After checking into my room sitting by the pool for awhile I decided it was time to go get something to eat. I got myself ready and walked across the street to the restaurant. When I walked in I was greeted at the door and walked to my seat at the bar handed a menu and told to enjoy myself. When the waitress came over I was asked if I would like a drink I asked for a Mojito and told her I was ready to order. I informed her that I saw the commercial on TV of the restaurant and wanted the pork chops that were in the commercial. Off she went with a smile. She returned with my drink and to my surprise the mint was not crushed up into little pieces so that every time I took a sip I had to spit out mint (drives me crazy). While sipping my libation I started to look around the room and found that the wait staff were happy, they were singing to the music, joking with customers and with each other. Half way through my drink the meal came a nice piece of pork 2 chops together not filleted 1 piece. I thought this could be pink or over cooked it was neither. It was cooked all the way through, not dry, not pink. The meal also came with rice and beans another pleasant surprise the rice had not tiny pieces but pieces of chicken, pork, and sausage you could bite into. Honestly I could have had a bowl of the rice and beans and been satisfied. After dinner I sat at the bar ordered another drink and watched the people dinning, wait staff enjoying the company and thought yeah I could become a regular here.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
“Authentic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a very authentic puertorican restaurant with great drinks and friendly service. They bring samples of different flavored sangrias to taste. The mofongos were the best in the area and the paella was amazing. Beats the other local places hands down and the prices are very reasonable

Visited February 2013