“Cononut Sangria..I love you” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Sterling, Virginia
“Cononut Sangria..I love you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stopped in here as I was walking back to my hotel. I thought I would try a drink in several of the nearby bars. It was sometime in the afternoon, people in there, but not packed. I asked if they had a speciality and the bartender recommended the coconut sangria. Although I'm not a huge wine drinker I thought I'd try it and OHMYGOD am I glad I did. It's absolutely(!!) fantastic. I was in love. I asked if it had rum in it (I didn't taste wine) but there is white wine and about 8 other liquors haha...which is the reason it is so fantasic.
I went back later that night and got another one (much more crowded on a friday night) but I got a spot at the bar. It was just as tasty as the first.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
“Best authentic PR good in Isla Verde”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Since the restaurants in courtyard Marriott were bad, we found ourselves here. Husband is PR & we know good PR food ..lobster mofongo amazing & alcapurrias. Little over priced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City/ Big Apple
“Gastronomical Experience x 100!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Las Chicas de Nueve York (Alma y Jill) & Chef Julio Borges of "Platos" Puerto Rican Cuisine, an overwhelming positively delicious Gastronomical experience, in Carolina, Puerto Rico. We were visiting for 8 days and ate dinner EVERY nite at Platos and took home some Monfongo de Yuca back to NYC. We are making plans for a long weekend just to go back to PR and EAT @ Platos! If he'd only come to NYC, the wait would be months and around the block to get into his restaurant! Thank you Chef Julio, Gabrielle (Restaurant Manager) & Leonardo, the Artist de Platos!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed dinner experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Crab Fritter is extremely salty. It was over cooked, and tastes nothing but salt.
Mahimahi fish dish was also very disappointing. Fish was dry and tasteless. Overall it was not even close to a regular standards restaurant. Definitely a disappointing dinner experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Over cooked rice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I expected more because it's a local restaurant specializing in Puerto Rican food. The rice was over-cooked and the chicken was hard as a rock. The staff was nice and friendly. I guess I came on a bad night?!

Visited August 2012