“Honeymoon” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   170 Candelero Dr, Humacao 00791, Puerto Rico (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humacao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Plantation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We went to Puerto Rico on a birthday present trip, and chose to stay at the Wyndham in Palmas del Mar, Humacao. Our plans included a trip to Culebra Island so we wanted something near the Ferry at Fajardo. By the way if planing on going to Culebra, make sure to buy your tickets ahead of time and plan to be at the docks around 7:00 am, even if the boat leaves at 9, the line goes out, and around the outside of port building. There is parking one block away for $5.35 the whole day. The hotel was beautiful, clean, with happy and helpful staff. The room I had was a Cabana style, large and roomy, with serenading "Coqui" frogs in the terrace. I will recommend this hotel to everyone, specially those who love Golf and good entertainment. There is a casino on site, and live bands on Friday and Saturday. Great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013
Vega Alta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Good day to all. Recently, I stayed at the Wyndham Garden Hotel located in Humacao, Puerto Rico. I stayed at the hotel as a result of a business trip. I must say that I had the time of my life. The hotel was extremely clean and the room was outstanding. I stayed over 35 days at the hotel and was afforded one of the Hotel Executive Suites. The Hotel Management which includes Hotel Manager Carlos Rodriguez and Sales Manager Ruben Vera were excellent. These 2 gentlemen were extremely professional and courtious. No matter how big or small of an issue I had during my stay at the hotel ,these gentlemen took care of the matter extremely quick. The hotels restaurant is outstanding. The food was delicious. The restaurant staff was great as well. I recomment this hotel to everyone who intends on visiting the Humacao area. On Wednesday's the Hotel offers an Executive meet and greet with on the house wine, beers and liquor as well as food. You get the opporunity to meet other traveling executives who are staying at the hotel. The hotel management also psends time at the activity. The hotel also has a casino which is great. Overall, it is a great hotel and I HIGHLY recomment it.

Room Tip: If you would like a better rate, please contact the hotel Sales Manager or Hotel Manager directly as...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Flavia B, Manager at Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Luis C,

Thank you for spending the time to write such an excellent review. We enjoy reading that our guests have a pleasant experience while staying at our hotel. When you stay more than a month, you really get to see what we are all about. I am especially pleased that our room cleanliness, responsive staff and quality of food, exceeded your expectations. Also, we have shared this review already with Carlos Rodriguez and Ruben Vera. We hope you consider us for future business trips and we will meet at the Managers Reception.

Springfield VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

While it looks lovely, on a recent trip booked by our DIL, very disappointed in the staff and the hotel contidtion. There were 2 rooms booked for our party. Ours was dark and the hall had a bit of a musty smell.

The other room had a TV that didn't work properly, a fridge (wine cooler) that was warm, and a towel bar that fell off the wall. The staff disagreed that the fridge didn't work, and after several requests, a new one was brought to the room. While on the premises, my DIL was unable to get her concerns resolved and adjustments made. I understand that they have been resolved since our stay.

The check in process appeared to be ok. We had loaded our luggage on a rack which was then brought to the front desk by a bellman. There are no elevators, so you or the bellman, carry luggage up stairs. The groundskeeper of the pool (who someone at the beach restaurant told us was the person to unlock the lounge chairs) was difficult to find.We had to walk back from the beach to the pool, and then found him in the utility room sitting. He did unlock chairs for us; The coffee shop didn't take debit or credit cards, only cash or charges to the room. No one had told us this so when I went down for coffee and breakfast to bring back to the room, I brought only my debit card. I ended up charging the food to the room (which we weren't paying for) We would have appreciated when being told of the options for breakfast, also being told the payment options since they were out of the ordinary. We found debit cards to be acceptable at the beach and pool.

Overall, the staff, conditon and quality were not up to par with the rates being charged at this resort. Although adjustments of some sort were made, I would prefer quality staff and conditions so that is not necessary and aggravating while vacationing.

The location was perfect for our Three Kings Day Celebration with our family. As a matter of convenience, I expect to find myself returning, but will travel lightly and not expect much information from the staff regarding amenities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear deeSpringfield,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that you encountered so many issues during your time here, many of which we would have been happy to remedy if given the opportunity. I will share your comments with our concessionaire David's Cookies to address the issues. Hopefully you will give the Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar another chance!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here from Jan 7 to 9, 2013. Hotel staff super friendly, self parking not so far and good food. A little situation with room service (didn't get everything that i ordered) but great experience. You get a pass for a towel for the pool area but noone is at the pool. A problem with thermostat (room was hot) and every room not having even a small refrigerator seemed barbaric since we are staying on a resort. Best place to have a relaxing vacation. Really close to the beach, great for walks and like i said before, to relax. Great place, good food, great drinks!! Will go again.

Room Tip: stay at the rooms in front or next to the pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Xuly28,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us!. We're thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel. We do have refrigerators available upon request. We hope you choose us to host your future visits to Humacao, Puerto Rico!

fbonilla@wyndham.com

Been to Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar? Share your experiences!