“Service is slow” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Prescott, Arizona
“Service is slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Lovely setting outside the tennis courts. Limited menu. Food is OK. Lunch is your best bet. Most of the time it is very quiet but busier on weekends when the locals arrive.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden treasures not on the menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

At first glance the menu looks looks pretty average. Fortunately, we went to dinner with some local residents of Palmas Del Mar. My friend recommended that I order something that wasn't even on the menu. The chef apparently makes a delicious bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with sweet plantains. It was served along with arroz manposteao (rice cooked with red beans). During our visit in Puerto Rico, it was one of the best meals I had. The setting along the courts is very relaxing. Enjoy a great meal and watch a match at the same time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Blah breakfast even on a slow day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

As we headed out for breakfast on our first morning in Palmas Del Mar, we ran into a resident who said Center Court has the best breakfast in the resort. Upon arriving, there was one other family with children and one older couple seated, so it was a rather slow morning. We were greeted in a friendly manner but it went downhill from there. The menu is a bit limited for breakfast options, but our kids' fussiness isn't their problem; however, the over-cooked eggs and *very* small portions are squarely in their court, as was the very slow service. Additionally, we ordered "OJ, with no ice" -- in both English and Spanish -- for my wife and mother-in-law, yet it arrived in a cupful of cubes. And it was the server who was pouring the drinks!

On the plus side, the Monte Cristo breakfast sandwich I had was rather good. But even that had a shortcoming: after being informed by our server that it was "grande," a very small, lonely sandwich showed up on my paper plate. Maybe it was large by her 5'2" 110-lb frame, but to my 6'2" 210-lb self, it was a light snack.

We heard they've got a great burger, but I couldn't convince my wife or kids to go back to give dinner a try, so I guess we'll never know. By the way, it's an outdoor seating-only restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Radnor, PA
“The place to go for a good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Be prepared to wait a bit if the tennis courts are active but the food is very good.

Visited March 2012