We tend to be more adventurers than "touristas" and wanted to see Puerto Rico away from the touristy areas. From the first interaction with Keishya via email, I knew we would love staying at their guesthouse. On the phone and in her emails she was very pleasant, upbeat, and especially helpful with all my questions. We stayed at Barefoot over our 17th anniversary and were pleasantly surprised with Keishya and Bob's extra thoughtfulness. Keishya recommended many eating spots for more "local flavor", we saw a local band and went kayaking and snorkeling with Bob - all great experiences! Staying at their guesthouse was wonderful on a lot of levels - not only because they are gracious hosts, but we definitely prefer a more homey atmosphere over a hotel and their family of rescue dogs were nice to have around as we missed our furry beasts. The beach is a short walk away, and the pool was nice to lounge around and read once we were done kayaking for the day. All in all - a great experience! Good proximity to many fun things on our list to do. The only thing missing? We didn't schedule hang gliding with them in our trip... but we will next time!
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot Travelers Rooms Hotel Humacao
- Barefoot Travelers Rooms Hotel
- Barefoot Travelers Rooms Puerto Rico/Humacao
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to barefoot travelers rooms off the beaten track here on the southeastern coast of Puerto Rico. We welcome you to our guestrooms with private bath, use of full kitchen, large swimming pool all just 5 houses from a very gentle coastline of the Caribbean. We provide towels, linens, boogie boards, kayaks, guide assistance and a clean spacious guest home for your vacation enjoyment. We recycle here and welcome you to enjoy Puerto Rico off the beaten path. ... more less