We had a very pleasant stay at the Karibea Salako. The room was quite nice, although not fancy. Nice beach/sea view. The shower was wonderful and hot! The people were friendly and went out of their way to help us when we arrived late for dinner and came down late for breakfast. There were no "hidden" charges to surprise us at the end of the visit. There was no loud noise at night and no problem getting food at breakfast; perhaps it helped that we traveled in April just past the "high" season, or, perhaps the hotel has taken notice of previous complaints and changed their practices. The one thing we were a tad disappointed with was that the beach bar wasn't open late in the afternoon, but this did not mar our overall experience.
Guadeloupe is two islands in one, one part beautiful, traditional Caribbean beaches and the other part lush vegetation, mountains, rugged coastline, waterfalls, even a volcano! There is much to see and do. Speaking a little French helps, but if you make an effort you are amply rewarded. People are helpful without being obsequious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Guadeloupe Riviera of the Pointe de la Verdure, the Karibea Salako Hotel sits on the edge of the most beautiful sandy beach in Gosier. The hotel has all the ingredients for both an active and relaxing holiday: turquoise sea, spacious and well equipped rooms, kid's club and nautical center which allows you to explore the nearby islands (Petite Terre, Les Saintes, and Marie Galante).ActivitiesLa Pointe de la Verdure has numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. Casino Gosier also has, in addition to the slot machines and casino games, a cinema and theater. Gosier is ideally situated in the heart of Guadeloupe making it the starting point for many day or half-day trips.This large hotel has 116 comfortable rooms (28m ²), all with a balcony providing a wonderful view of the luscious green hotel gardens or the turquoise blue sea.Furnished in colonial style, each air-conditioned room is equipped with safe, refrigerator, telephone, cable TV and free wifi.Complimentary servicesThe two pools and beaches in the resort are ideal for relaxing -- with sun beds, parasols and beach towel service.The beach is also equipped for beach volleyball, football, tennis and rugby. There is also a petanque area, table tennis and two tennis courts for you to use.Your children will really enjoy the weekly entertainment program organized by our staff, and there is also diving equipment (for the pool) and board games available for them.Paid ServicesOur nautical center, located on the Salako hotel's beach in Gosier, is open every day from 8.30 Am to 6.00 Pm.From Jet skiing to scuba diving, hiking, excursions, or even the sensational "Flyboarding" -- we offer a multitude of safe activities and water sports, supervised by professionals.For your evening entertainment, we have a rich and amusing program that varies with the seasons. You can, for example, unwind and listen to a folk group, or have some fun with our karaoke, games and dance evenings.Treat yourself and try out our new wellness and massage centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Fastbooking and TripOnline SA so you can book your Karibea Beach Resort Gosier reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Hotel Gosier
- Hotel Karibea Salako Beach
- Resort Karibea Salako Beach
- Karibea Beach Resort Gosier Guadeloupe/Le Gosier