“Lovely Stay at Kiltearn House” 5 of 5 stars

Kiltearn House
Kiltearn, Evanton IV16 9UY, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Evanton B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Lovely Stay at Kiltearn House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

My father and I very much enjoyed out stay at Kiltearn House. Upon arrival we were welcomed by our hosts Lin & Paul with a hot pot of tea, freshly baked biscuits served in a cosy sitting room (heated by a wonderful cole range).

All meals were delicious, Lin & Paul did say they sauced all ingredients locally - which is why I would say everything was so fresh and tasty. My favourite breakfast dish would have to be the kippers, I could not go past them! We also enjoyed a wonderful goose breast on rocket with olive oil & balsamic vinegar accompanied by a yummy mango preserve as an evening entrée.

Our room was very spacious and comfortable and there is also a small office with high speed internet access for guests - which I loved!

Many thanks,
Megan & Raymond Alison

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tillicoultry, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

April 2007 was my third stay at the Kiltearn. First time was on my own travelling on business. I wish it was for longer than one night !!
Subsequently I have stayed on a a further two occasions with my wife. The welcome couldn't have been warmer.
The bedroom furniture and fittings are of the highest quality and Lin & Paul are two of the finest hosts you could meet.
Nothing is too much trouble and the food is fantastic !!
Finest quality, cooked to perfection.

Give it a try, you'll love it. I know I'll be back as soon as I can.
p.s. the scenery isn't bad either.

• Liked — Hosts, rooms and food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2007

Excellent is every respect. - Remote location, greats hosts, great bed and great food.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2007

I took my mother to Scotland for her 75th birthday and searched for weeks for two nice B&Bs. One in Edinburgh and one here in the Highlands. I was impressed with the Kiltearn House's website and thought I couldn't go wrong... and boy, was I correct! The house is so beautiful, roomy, clean and sits right on the Cromarty Firth. The views and scenery are downright awesome. There's a great walk along the firth to stretch the legs after breakfast or before dinner - that's when I took my camera for a walk each evening and shot some pictures of the beautiful scenery. Paul and Lin were the most welcoming and delightful hosts. Not only do they have such a great place, but the food and convenience of when you can eat is outstanding. My Mom, a cousin from Edinburg and I all had our own rooms on the upper floor. We had dinner there the first night thinking we'd go out the other two but ended up having dinner all three nights since it was so good. I felt like royalty when we'd all come out of our rooms after getting ready for dinner at the same time and walk down the very easy, big, and beautiful stairway to the dining room. There, Paul would meet us and immediately ask what we'd like to drink. The night before we would select from an awesome menu as to what we wanted to eat and drink from an extensive wine list. Beer too! Oh... the downside. Make sure to ask Paul to get the beer cold the day before if, like myself from the states, you like your beer COLD. Paul and I had some good teasing banter about how one should drink beer! But, it was fun, and he even had my beer in a champagne bucket on ice the next night! The breakfast is just as great as the dinners so be sure to have both. Paul and Lin are truly welcoming and fun. You cannot go wrong by staying here and I highly recommend it.

Stayed September 2006
France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

I loved the atmosphere of this B&B and, after only one night's stay, was sorry not to have planned to stay longer.

It is beautifully located on the Cromarty Firth with possibilities of walks leaving immediately from the door. The building itself is an old manse with spacious downstairs rooms. My single bedroom was fairly small but had everything I needed and more. The food is excellent, fresh and served with a smile. In fact the hosts give a very warm welcome and after-dinner discussion with other guests was a particular pleasure.

If I get back to Scotland, I shall certainly plan a longer stay at Kiltearn House.

Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2005

If, like us, you are visiting the highlands for fishing then Kiltearn House is a pretty good base. Its near to several rivers and the owner has a good idea of where the fish are so not too much wasted time. We ate too much (well not really) and havnt slept so well for years.
Its a must do if you are near Inverness.

• Stayed September 2005
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2005

If visiting the Inverness area in Scotland - try Kiltearn House in Evanton for wonderful B&B. They will offer adults quality rooms, food and service in a very peaceful location in a beautiful Victorian Manse. Wonderful walks, scenery and gardens

Been to Kiltearn House? Share your experiences!