“Lovely Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lundin Links
Scotland
“Lovely Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for a wedding, our room was amazing and views were stunning, we had a veranda which made it even better. This old hotel is so full of character, staff amazing, couldn't do enough for us and we would definetly think of staying here again. The only thing I found was it was a little pricey although for a special occasion we didn't mind paying it, also the lounge bar really didn't have enough seating for all the guests so unfortunately some of us had to sit outside in the hallway which was a bit unfortunate as we would like to have been all together, nevertheless the function rooms for the wedding were lovely, there was 2 rooms for the evening event which were separated by a small walkway, again this did split up the guests but most guests appeared happy to go from one to the other if the band got a little loud. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic in the huge Conservatory, a great selection of food to choose from and lovely views. All in all I would defintely recommend anyone thinking of staying at this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the beach views, absolutely stunning!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hello ScotlandAngela, thank you for your kind comments, it was a pleasure to look after everyone at the Old Manor last weekend - judging by all the feedback we have been receiving, a good time was had by all (hence I'm a happy owner!), and I was delighted to read your own feedback too.

I hope at some stage in the future you will return for another visit to this beautiful part of Fife.

Kind regards, AW Saddler.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Motherwell, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Came here for lunch on Father's Day. Choice not too great, asked for salad with no dressing , it was obviously pre-prepared, had dressing. More if a starter sized salad. £2.50 also a bit pricey for a small bottle of water.

• Stayed June 2014
Hello Christine, thank you for your comments following lunch here last Sunday (15th June) - whilst your comments are brief, nevertheless I am sorry your visit was average.

The choice we have on offer for Sunday lunch is, however, reasonable, with usually a choice of 3 meats from the carvery, and a further 4 or 5 main courses from the menu. All food is cooked to order.

I do hope you will consider a return visit soon!
Kind regards.
AW Saddler
Buckhaven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My Grandparents stayed here as they were down visiting and invited my partner and I out for dinner.

Lovely views make the restaurant a wonderful place to eat.

My partner and my grandfather waited 25 minutes for 2 pints of tenants. I assumed that this was due to the fact that the keg needed changed, but it was not available for the rest of the night. I asked about the milkshakes that were on the menu and the waitress had to go and find out flavours, etc. This again took about 15 - 20 minutes to make.

The food was delicious and very nicely presented. he wrong cutlery was brought when we ordered desserts, but anyone can make that mistake.

Overall it was a lovely meal, just a shame it took so long to be delivered.

Room Tip: don't be in a hurry!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello Rachael, thank you for your review, and I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable meal with your partner and grandparents. Apologies for the slow service, I am aware of a couple of other comments which have been passed to me during the same day, in much the same vein - this is not our usual standard, and I hope this did not spoil your evening too much.

I hope we can welcome you and/ or your grandparents back at some stage.

Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding reception.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Lundin Links, which is a hamlet some 40 minutes out of Edinburgh and about 12 miles from St Andrews, nestled amongst several golf courses.

We had a double room in the West Wing, which overlooks the firth. What a splendid view to wake up to.

The room was not spacious, but was ample in size, nicely fitted out with 2 small single seats, a table, bureau/chest of drawers, wardrobe, trouser press, iron & board, and the ubiquitous tea/coffee & kettle. The decode was fresh and clean, though the building is obviously showing some age. The bed was firm, but comfortable. Upon our arrival we had to turn the heating off.
(One observation would be the warmth of the hotel and especially the breakfast area in the mornings. It's in the conservatory and does get warm quite quickly.)

Having stayed the weekend we got to see quite a few of the staff members and I have to say that the warmth of greeting and style of service was exemplary. During the reception everything was carried out with almost military precision, but in a cordial efficient manner. Each table was served at the one time, with the food being delivered, piping hot, and very tasty.

There is a wide choice for breakfast items, from cereals, toast, porridge, juices, to various cooked plates, including Full Scottish Breakfast. All were lovely.

In summation, it may not be the newest of buildings, but the standard of service is excellent and it is clean & well presented throughout.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs in the West Wing are well away from the function rooms to be devoid of noise. Ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Barry, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here - I was delighted to read all your comments, in particular regarding our staff, who work so hard in delivering a good quality service to our guests, and who in many respects are the heart and soul of the "old hotel"!

Thank you again, and I hope we might see you back again one day...
Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Came for lunch with my dad. Been before and didn't rate it much the last time. This time was much better so decided to do another review.
The lunch menu is reasonable. The restaurant over looks the water and golf course so a really good view (weather permitting). The waitress was friendly and the food was good. Just the right price. I do feel the Caesar salad I had although was nice it would have been good to get a choice to have chicken in it.
Will return again as had a better experience.

Stayed May 2014
Hello Kosconli, I was delighted to read that your most recent visit to the Old Manor was so much better than the last, and that the hotel is moving in the right direction. I hope we can welcome your father and yourself back at some stage in the future. Regards, Alistair Saddler.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had lunch here with My Wife and her Mum and Dad, all are light eaters and this venue was perfect. While I indulged in a starter and main, at £9.95, They were served excellent home made soup followed by a good desert menu.
My starter was chowder and was as good as any I have tasted. Main course was beef olive stuffed with haggis served on lovely mashed potatoes two veg and a whiskey based sauce 10 out of 10 honest it was that good. The service is first class and friendly. The view across the golf course and out to the Forth is worth the visit alone. If you are looking for a good location to tour Fife look no further.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello Joachimjohn, thank you for taking time to post a review following your family lunch here a couple of weeks ago - your comments are much appreciated by the team and myself. I hope we can welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Fife
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Old Manor is one of the most welcoming and relaxing hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are pleasant, attentive and very helpful. The sea view restaurant has the most wonderful views and the food is first class. The location is perfect for a visit to St Andrews or to explore the beautiful East Neuk of Fife. I will definitely stay again, this experience is all about the guest and the management team has got it just right.

S Laing

Room Tip: Pay extra for sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Hello Mrs L Fife, thank you for taking the time to prepare and post a review following your recent stay here - I can assure you that such comments are read and appreciated by all the team, who contribute greatly to making the hotel what it is. I do hope we can welcome you back again at some stage in the future. Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.

Been to Old Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!