“Friendly Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Lundin Links
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed Sunday to Monday very recently at the above hotel as I used to frequent the premises when I was younger with my parents, and we had the chance of a 5pm offer. We only dined for breakfast and chose to eat out to something of Fife.
The staff are very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is lovely but definately in need of upgrade decoration wise especially with the rates they are charging! We had originally booked a standard room but were upgraded on arrival to a sea view room with a small balcony with table and chairs, which also looked out on to the gardens. The room was clean with large double bed, tea/coffee etc. The bathroom was clean and adequate but definately in need of an upgrade! Couldnt give an opinion on dinner but breakfast was adequate and a selection of items both for continental and traditional breakfast. We had to pay a £2.50 supplement for scrambled eggs and smoked salmon (which was hot shredded smoked salmon a bit disappointed!) We would go back but it would need to be a good deal as there are other hotels in the area which are cheaper. They have another restaurant (bistro) which is located as you come into the hotel, the Snugglers Rest which looked lovely but was not open.

Room Tip: I wouldnt pay the extra £10 per person for a seaview there is always the chance being upgraded, and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay - I was pleased to receive your comments overall, and that you were well looked after during your stay. Likewise, I very much hope that we can welcome you back at some stage in the future - kind regards, AW Saddler.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I suppose it did not bode well when I phoned the day prior to our lunch booking to confirm the time, that they had no record of the booking. We had lunch in the conservatory on a sunny day and the views alone are worth the visit. The lunch menu was a very reasonable £12.50 for 2 courses which included the carvery and the servings were generous although the menu was not very exciting. We were there for a long blether so did not mind the very slow service and indeed that the friendly waitress had forgotten entirely our tea and coffee order. The coffee was good. There seemed to be sufficient staff for the number of guests but they did not seem to be focused or organised. Perhaps the manager was on a day off?
To summarise
Location Excellent with plenty parking
Views great
Food Reasonable and well priced
Service could be better

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments following Sunday lunch here recently - really there is no excuse for the inattentive service you received, and please accept my apology accordingly. I do hope that you will consider returning at some stage in the future. Kind regards, AW Saddler.
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was traveling through Scotland this past month with three friends; we were driving a loop from Edinburgh around Inverness to Glasgow, and this was the first place we stayed when we left the big city. The rooms were clean and quaint, and extremely quiet. We had a wooded balcony and a great view. However, the best part about this hotel was the staff. Everyone was open and warm, and truly helpful. The owner took time to walk us through our proposed routes, and gave great suggestions for visiting fishing villages right around the corner. He pointed out roads that were less than desirable with construction, and great places for fish and chips. He and his staff made four ladies feel pretty special and ready to tackle the rest of Scotland.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello, and thank you for your comments. I can assure you it was entirely my pleasure to help, however I must say you were extremely well researched and prepared for your trip round Scotland! (my worry being that my involvement totally ruined all your planning, which I am slightly relieved to read was not the case...). I was delighted to meet you, and to have the opportunity to chat about our country - I hope you had a safe journey round about, and likewise that you arrived safely back home. All the best to you all - Alistair.
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights 5th & 6th July 2013 just as a short break, and to re-visit St Andrews which I have many fond childhood memories of. I had requested a room away from public areas in case it was noisy, but it wasn't anyway. There is a function room at the far end of the hotel, but no functions when we were there. As already stated in other reviews, the outlook over the golf course to the sea and East Lothian coast is just great and there is always a demand to sit at a window table for meals in the large conservatory. The staff are friendly and attentive to just the right degree, and hard working. The food at dinner couldn't be faulted and the choice adequate and nicely presented. I thought the breakfast selection of cereals, fruit juices, yoghurts, croissants and pastries, not forgetting the wonderful cooked choice, catered for most tastes and everything was fresh. That chef did mean poached eggs two mornings on the trot. Something I've never mastered. Rooms; good size and enough drawers and decent sized wardrobe for clothes; very clean and fresh looking white towels and bedding. So relaxing here that we were sorry when the time came to leave, but we've promised ourselves another stay there next year.

Room Tip: Lots of sea view rooms. Any rooms on the other side of the hotel will have a certain amount of traff...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you most kindly for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay - I was delighted to read your comments which reflect all that we are seeking to achieve, as an independent privately owned/ operated hotel. We very much look forard to seeing you again next year! Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Fifield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Thankyou so much for a wonderful stay.We were guests at a wedding and enjoyed everything about the old manor.
The staff couldnt be more helpful and our heartfelt thanks go to Morag and her team for a marvelous weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments, and I was delighted to read that your had an enjoyable stay with us. Morag likewise passes on her best wishes! Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked the entire Hotel (restaurant, function suite, lounge and bedrooms) for our wedding reception. The facilities, quality of service and food are simply exceptional and we cannot recommend the Hotel highly enough, for out of towners and locals alike.

Our guests haven't stopped singing the Hotel's praises and many have booked return trips for dinner or drinks already. The views are breath taking, the rooms very comfortable, spacious and spotlessly clean (I stayed in two rooms). In planning the wedding, my wife and I must have visited the Hotel 3-4 times either for meals or drinks and every single time the food was of the highest standard and simply delicious.

For golf fans - our visit included a short trip into St Andrews - I was pleasantly surprised about how conveniently located the Old Manor is to the Old Course (about 25 minutes). It also overlooks a Links course.

The Old Manor is without doubt a hidden gem. We will certainly be back and look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Book a room over looking the golf course with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chi, thank you - it was our pleasure to look after your family and guests over the weekend, and we are delighted a good time was had by all. I hope you are both keeping well, and that we'll see you soon! Best wishes to you both, Alistair.
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed one night at Old Manor House. Upgraded to a room with a sea view and it was well worth it. We also had a small balcony and it was lovely sitting there overlooking the golf course and sea. The room was a good size and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable, and super king size.
We ate in the hotel and the food was very good. The staff were friendly, and we would stay at the Old Manor House again.

Room Tip: Sea view, with small balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay - I was delighted to read your comments, and hope you will re-visit at some stage in the future. Kind regards, AW Saddler.

Been to Old Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!