“Charming” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Inverurie
Gauteng
“Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for one night with my mom, it is in great proximity to the airport, the hotel has recently been tastefully refurbished so it's fresh and with the times. The gardens are gorgeous, food delicious and our room, which was the Nanny room was cosy and big.
We popped into the spa and it looked stunning, didn't get an opportunity to try it out though.
Definitely try the 6 course tasting menu for dinner, it was delish.
I would most certainly return to this hotel again!

Stayed April 2015
GMThainstone, General Manager at Thainstone House, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Many thanks Respondant for your positive comments that you have given Thainstone House and in particular the food you received. I know our chef, Paul grant and his team are incredibly dedicated to producing the finest dishes sourced from the best ingredients. They shall be so pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience.
Morag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Moved to this hotel after being unhappy with previous hotel booked which was eight acres in elgin. Although did not like eight acres could not fault the receptionist there in helping us to move to another hotel and refunding our payment which should have been non refundable.
Now to thainstone house beautiful building outside and in. Staff very helpful at all times especially ali in the spa who gave me the best pedicure ever. She was such a lovely girl and so good at her job..
We stayed for 2 nights and chose to eat at bar resteraunt as we preferred the menu there. Both nights meals were superb my partner really enjoyed the fash fae Peterhead.. lol which looked like a whale on his plate. We were upgraded to a King executive room which was luxurious and so comfortable with beautiful large double shower. Whisky and chocolates in room waiting when we arrived also. Will definately be back hopefully soon.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
GMThainstone, General Manager at Thainstone House, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Jenny M

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review following your recent stay with us here at Thainstone House.
The "fash fae peterheid" is indeed a firm favourite with many of our guest and you are not the first person to liken it to a whale!
I have passed on your kind comments to Ally in the spa who was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your pedicure.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For our Christmas my parents gave us a voucher for the Spa, bed, breakfast and dinner. I am quite picky with where I stay and wasn’t quite sure how I’d feel about the hotel, the check in was quick simple and I did not need to provide my own printed out copy (which I do in nearly every other hotel we stay in) we were told at checking in that it will be a £2 charge every time we use our card at the hotel. We were asked if we wish to put money on our room and then we would only have 1 £2 charge. I found the staff at the hotel made our stay. They were very well trained extremely polite and always willing to go that extra mile for you. Louise in particular was outstanding. Her knowledge on wine and food was exactly what I was looking for she was very friendly and nothing was too much. Being a very fussy vegetarian I find it hard to enjoy food however when I told Louise on the first night I was a vegetarian the next night she had a fully printed menu just for me and the chef's had created some AMAZING dishes. I truly felt like a queen. The spa area is very nice clean but really busy so if you'd like treatments I’d suggest you book before you go. I had a hot stone massage and a facial both of which were lovely by Lindsey who really knew her stuff. We sat in the outside hot tub for close to an hour in the evening, only downside being no alcohol allowed out there for safety reasons. Breakfast was nice not a great deal for vegetarians but I had the cinnamon toast with maple syrup and a side of eggs and toast. The room its self was a bit on the smaller side than I am used to but it was only for sleeping. All in all i cannot wait to go back to this hotel and will be booking back again in the future. We will also plan on just going out for dinner in the evening as well since the food and wine are to die for. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel 5* easily in my eyes and it’s because of the fantastically trained staff.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view they are to die for.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your lovely comments . We have always had a passionate approach to hospitality and so it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Thainstone. I have passed on your kind remarks to all of the staff and we are happy to have been of service to you.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Absolutely lovely hotel set in beautiful grounds. Staff bent over backwards to help. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The spa and pool were very relaxing. Wifi in the room was very strong.

My only complaint is being woken by a cleaner in my room, despite the do not disturb sign on my door.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post such a lovely review following your recent stay with us here at Thainstone House.
I'm sorry you were disturbed in your room by one of the room attendants and I have passed this on to our Housekeeping Manager Laura.
I really appreciate the positive comments about the staff and I have passed this onto them.
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose Thainstone House as the venue for our wedding. It has been recently refurbished and has beautiful restaurant / ceremony room and large function room. It also has excellent communal areas (bars, lounges, quiet seating areas) that we though would be a benefit if the weather was poor and everyone was trapped inside.
On the day and over the weekend we were made to feel so welcome. The staff were excellent, very attentive and went above and beyond to ensure we had the special day we had dreamed of. With lots of children at the wedding there were many distractions and delays, we never felt rushed and there was always someone nearby when we needed assistance - tying my brogues properly before we were piped into dinner for example!
The catering for the wedding meal was fantastic, as were the bar meals the bridal party had the night before and the much needed cooked breakfast the next morning.
Many friends and relatives stayed at the hotel and have commented on how much they enjoyed their stay also.
Thank you again for making our special day everything we had hoped for.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Steven

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review following your wedding with us here at Thainstone house.
Myself and the team would like to take this opportunity to thank yourself and Sam for choosing us to host your very special day and are delighted that you and your guests enjoyed the weekend.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me, myself and I booked in for a one night Spa Break. As I was in my own I was made to feel very welcome when checking in. My room was lovely. Lack of complimentary toiletries but I got what I needed. The leisure facilities were very nice and lovely fluffy robes and slippers. My evening meal was fantastic - 6 courses!!!! Clean plate sent to the kitchen every time! The waiting and bar staff were very attentive. I adjourned to the bar for a few G&T's then off to bed for a great nights sleep. Breakfast was lovely although I was still full from the meal last night!! Generous helpings all round. I attended the Spa for a neck, back and shoulder massage and a luxury manicure. Linsey the Beauty Therapist was lovely and the treatments I had were lovely and relaxing. I highly recommend this hotel. I didn't feel out of place being on my own, loved every minute. The Spa Break was great value for money. I will certainly be back, maybe with friends, or maybe just in my own again.

Room Tip: My room didn't have a view so ask for one with a view, it didn't bother me as I am local to...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Many thanks Lynn M for your positive comments that you have given Thainstone House and spa and we are really pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. I know the team always strive to create a haven for our guests to indulge and relax in. I have passed on your kind remarks to the team and in particular Lynsey who are as always happy to have been of service to you.
Aberdeen, Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely decor in this hotel and some good spa and overnight deals.
Afternoon tea was average and the spa facilities are okay (they now have a hot tub outdoors). Wouldn't like to go when it was busy though as pool, hot tub etc quite small.
My biggest gripe is when it came to making payment I was told I would face a £2 charge for paying by debit card. This disgusted me because when you are there you really have no alternative if you have no cash on you (several miles from nearest cash point). On this occasion I was a spa day guest so had no check in process where I was informed of this (and we weren't informed at the time of booking). I contacted crerar to query this and was told it's made clear at time of check in and that many companies are now doing this. I pointed out that I was a day guest and so not checking in. I also queried which other hotels because I have never faced such charges in a hotel before. They stated that many flight and travel companies are making such charges - sorry crerar you are neither of those so don't see why you have to impose such high transaction charges on customers even paying by debit card!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback which is always welcome and I am very sorry that you are unhappy with our policy on credit and debit charge recovery.
You may already appreciate as a consumer, that we are charged a range of fees from a variety of banks and credit organisations purely for the use of their cards by their own customers and also for the equipment required to transact those cards. This is a service that we recognise our guests require and whilst we are delighted to provide the option of card transactions, we levy a flat charge which goes towards recovering the costs that are applied to us by the banks. Please note by paying with cash there is no additional nominal charge.
We have fully researched the implementation of charges across a number of sectors, specifically air and travel companies who widely adopt this approach. We have also have found that within the hotel sector the charges are prevalent and although our adoption of the charge is late, it is with reluctance but through necessity.

I can confidently say that our hotels have signage at touch points of payment/purchase and specifically at the reception desks to ensure guests are aware of these charges at the point of check-in and check-out for purchase/payment. This is to allow our guests preparation time on desired method of payment. . I have looked into your feedback and the signage I refer to is in place, but in all honesty, I have no way of establishing how you may have been briefed on this upon arrival. This is an area that I have now asked our spa manager to pay particular extra attention to in training our spa hosts and service team.
Finally, once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope my explanation has been of help.
Morag

Been to Thainstone House? Share your experiences!