“Absolutely Spotless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Strathburn Hotel

Strathburn Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inverurie
Strathburn Hotel
Save Saved
You added Strathburn Hotel to your Saves list
Burghmuir Drive, Inverurie AB51 4GY, Scotland   |
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Inverurie
Scotland
“Absolutely Spotless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have frequently been disappointed with the poor standards of UK hotels, so was delighted to find that the Strathburn Hotel was so much better than I had dared to hope. I had requested an early check-in, to allow me to have a shower before attending a function. This was very willingly accommodated, without additional charge.

My room was absolutely spotless. It had appeared to be so on a first glance, so I decided to search out dust, as I couldn't believe that it was really as clean as it appeared. I ran a finger along the top of the wardrobe, no dust. A similar situation in any of the drawers. The bathroom was shining clean too. All in all, possibly the most effective housekeeping staff ever.

The decor of the rooms was not particularly to my taste, but was in good order, with no scuffed skirting boards or corners of furniture.

The teapot provided with the tea/coffee making facilities was appreciated. I don't think I'd ever had one provided in a hotel room before.

I ate in the restaurant one evening and had an enjoyable meal. I was dining alone and was offered a newspaper or book (not required, as I had my own). Again, I'd only ever experienced that abroad, a nice touch. Also, I was given a good table, not one hidden next to the kitchens/toilets. The restaurant was very busy and appeared to be mainly locals, which I took to be a positive.

Throughout my stay the service provided by the staff was really excellent. They seemed to be genuinely friendly and were very willing to help. For example, they suggested that they could order a taxi for me, without even being asked.

It seemed as though the hotel would be very accessible for anyone with mobility problems (I'm certainly not an expert, but am just giving my impression). There was a ramp up to the front door, with disabled parking next to it. A lot of the rooms were on the ground floor and there were no steps on the way. My room had a large shower, with a handrail.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Strathburn and would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Rooms good with free wifi always a plus for business travellers. Food a little on the expensive side for what you get and limited menu..decent service and good central location. Good breakfast with fast service.

• Stayed February 2013
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Friendly and welcoming hotel staff.
Nice and quiet rooms.
Rooms are reasonably spacious and the en-suite facilities are good.
Restaurant in hotel or a short walk into Inverurie for a choice of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I can only comment on the restaurant. I was out with some colleagues last week and we had a beautiful meal. The service and surroundings were very good and the staff very attentive. Would certainly recommend. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Was struggling to find a single room in Aberdeen even with the eye watering prices currently charged thanks to the oil boom. Managed to get a cancellation in the Strathburn as it was on my road to Inverness and was more than impressed with the accommodation, food and friendly service from the staff. It's firmly in the diary for future trips in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked this Hotel on the advice of a friend who was very friendly with the owner David for a business stay and was not disappointed, the staff on arrival were excellent and professional, the room was of a very high standard and was very clean, the evening meal was also excellent and the breakfast was superb I would have no hesitation on recommending this Hotel to my business colleagues and friends.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are easy to access and cannot comment on upstairs rooms