“Much better than expected!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 79 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Much better than expected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We met some friends here for what I thought would be somewhere just cheap and cheerful, but I was quite pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty, good size portions, waitressess were really helpful and pleasant and good value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Chose to eat here on a trip to Bridgnorth as many of the other pubs/eateries in the town were pretty dead on a Tuesday night, whereas this one was absolutely packed. We hadn't booked so couldn't get a table for about half an hour, but eventually were given one near a waitress station.

Watching the staff was a revelation - they never stopped! Best of all, our waitress (five months pregnant too) was a real gem, lovely girl who never stopped smiling and couldn't do enough for us.
My husband chose steak (always a bit of a risk in a place like this), but it was really good and cooked just as he'd requested. My chicken in Madeira sauce was tasty, with plenty of accompanying vegetables, and the pudding was good too.
As another reviewer mentioned, pub grub is never going to win a Michelin star - but the value for money was brilliant (two for one during our visit), and the pleasant and efficient service second to none.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Turkey
“Great service from young and entusiastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am a regular traveller, as my previous review illustrate. In all my avels I have rarely witnessed a more committed staff than this restaurant. No-one would try to say this place serves haute cuisine but what they do they do really well. The food was tasty and varied and the staff, guided by an excellent manageress, delivered it promptly and with a genuine warm smile. The prices were acceptable, although for me having spent most of the last 10 years outside the UK it was maybe a little shock on returning to my hometown area. A good selection of wines and excellent coffee made it a positive experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Asked to move”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family & i regularly visit The Bandon Arms & have mostly been satisfied. However, on our visit last evening, we entered the building, chose a vacant table, ( there were quite a few others! ) & began to peruse the menu. After a few minutes we were approached by a very abrupt young lady & told " we are just about to reserve this table, would you please move! " This we did, but my question is.. why could she not have reserved another available table? We will think twice about visiting again after this treatment!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Telford, United Kingdom
“Poor quality food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were visiting my elderly mother and as it was a nice evening decided to take her out for a meal, we chose the Bandon Arms as it was nearby and easy for my mother to get from car to restaurant.

Although a Friday evening the restaurant was quiet so we found a table easily,

Our drinks order was taken, followed by our food order and we sat back expecting to wait around 20 mins for food, were surprised however to see it arrive in less than half that time.

I chose the lasagne made to their own secret recipe, well if the secret recipe was for a tasteless sloppy and obviously microwaved lasagne then they have it!!! As for the side side of limp lettuce and tasteless tomatoes best left on the side!

My wife had a Thai like dish, which I doubt has been anywhere near Thailand, she complained it was tasteless, the prawns were hard and it appeared to have also been reheated.

My mother who has a small appetite chose a jacket potato with cheese, this again was clearly a reheated given the constituency of the potato, my mother didn't enjoy it at all.

We were offered the dessert menu, but given the experience declined.

We were not the only ones dissatisfied with our meal, the couple on the next table also complained about their meal.

The Bandon Arms is certainly not a pub restaurant we will visit again

• Visited July 2013