“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Carnforth
Cuisines: Bakery
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We visit this shop each time we come to Ingleton. It is one of the 'Sights' that we like to show our friends on their first trip to Ingleton. Today we had tea and cakes inside. The cakes were superb and the tea was good, served in vintage orange cups and saucers. Lovely touches around the shop, decor excellent, especially the handkerchief bunting. Would definitely recommend. Mrs Onions, Wakefield

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dumfries, United Kingdom
“The most fantastic cakes you've ever seen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The cakes in this shop have to be seen to be believed - they are so huge and very imaginatively decorated. Generous portions are given and all is made with organic ingredients wherever possible. They also sell delicious pies by the slice as well as many other tasty treats. Always visit when in Ingleton.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ingleton
“Such a shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I came in here once last summer when they were still in the small unit and although the staff were friendly and the cakes looked lovely, it was extremely difficult to ignore the bluebottles and wasps which were flying in through the open door and crawling all over everything that wasn't covered. Needless to say we changed our minds and left.
We've not been in since they moved into their larger unit this year however it does look like quite an improvement. They now do wedding cakes (although I don't personally think much of their designs). Unfortunately this summer we have seen bluebottles and the like trapped behind the glass when we've looked in the window so I guess not much has changed.
While I understand they cannot control insects, they can find ways to protect exposed food from them with see-through/mesh covers or by fitting one of those dangly-strip door covers in the summer when it's hot and they want to leave the door open.
I think they have the potential to be a lovely place - lots of people seem to enjoy visiting but sadly until we see less in the way of pests, my husband and I can't bring ourselves to visit again.

Visited June 2012
Ingleton
“Cake shop has lost its way”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This cake shop seems to have lost its way, apart from cakes it is selling meat, sausages and pies, plants and cut flowers, bric a brac and even pieces of furniture. It should really stick to what it knows best because the standard of their cakes has truly fallen over the past year.

Visited November 2012
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Frumerty and Fluffin - a little piece of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

What a wonderful find - so glad I made a special trip to Ingleton to find Frumerty and Fluffin after a personal recommendation from a friend .
A warm welcome and the most amazing cakes and home baking...and very generous portions .
I travel over to the UK via Heysham nr Lancaster and now, whether driving north south east or west, there HAS to be time for the picturesque drive from Lancaster to Ingleton to sample to delights produced in this family run foodie haven.
Gorgeous vintage pieces displayed around the shop which are for sale at reasonable prices too, local free range eggs for sale, simply a delight for the senses, and wonderful savouries and cakes to enjoy on the premises or to take away.
On my second visit, I surveyed the counter full of cakes and spied a beautiful looking Victoria Sponge,or so I thought....
OH no...it was actually a fresh cream scone with strawberries, supersized to share....and tasted every bit as good as it looked.
I will be back, and if I lived down the road I would be a very regular visitor !

• Visited October 2012