“Excellent friendly local” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Excellent friendly local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I come every week and service fantastic and for all the bad comments on here I would suggest give it another go its won awards and been going for over 25 years that is some achievement

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
London, England, United Kingdom
“Disgusting service !!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

After a 300 mile drive to meet up with old school friends I was happy when my friend suggested going to The Far Pavillion for a meal.I had been there before and had enjoyed the food and service .Unfortunately it was not the experience I had hoped for!!!! My friend has a lot of allergies so she was looking forward to salmon for her main meal as she has no problems with that .when her meal arrived it looked more like a piece of fried chicken over cooked would have been an understatement,she sent the shrivelled up yuk back to the kitchen then after a short wait was then served it RAW !Once again it was sent back ,then the same mushed up piece of raw salmon was served to her again by which point she was pretty upset to say the least,not to mention we had all finished our meals by this point apart from the raw bit of naan bread .Our bill came to over £100 which we weren't happy to pay.Eventually the took the price of the salmon off the bill but when speaking to the young stand in manager he seemed to miss the point that the whole experience was ruined due to the salmon issue .Not once did he offer us a free drink or some other "sweetner",when we suggested he should knock a bit off the biill he got very rude and surly and said he would call the police!!! anyway we paid the full bill and left in disgust .The manager was happy to be rude to us in front of the entire restaurant his customer relation skills were disgusting !!!!!!! please be warned..I would have spoken to the "real manager but he refused to give us his contact..........fuming ,upset and out of pocket !!!!

• Visited May 2013
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Best Indian Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We live at the northern edge of Lancaster, and have had several Indians in the city centre, all O.K. but just average stuff, nothing special. On spec last week we decided to drive the 5 miles or so up to Bolton-le-Sands where we have often passed the Far Pavillion. Hadn't booked, it was about half full, and we were looked after immediately. Had a drink in a small alcove with 2 or 3 tables to choose from the menu, then quickly to our table where the starters came out immediately. They anf the mains were really excellent, the best we've had for a long time, and there are numerous unusual items on the menu, some we've never heard of despite visiting Indian restaurants regularly Out of the ordinary and highly recommended. So good we went back to get a take-away yesterday, just as good!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Preston, United Kingdom
“Gone Done Hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had visited Far Pavilion a couple of years ago and it was amazing. The food was brilliant and so was the service HOWEVER, our latest visit wasn't any where near the standard we had got to know and enjoy. As I live in Preston it is a good 1 hour 30 mins round trip journey but it used to be worth it but now it is no more than a average Indian which Preston has plenty of. When I arrived, I was waiting for the rest of my group to arrive so I waited and ordered a drink. The service was fine however at 6 o'clock I didn't expect there to be builders in the restaurant giving quotes for the hi-fi system. The food we ordered was cold and when the chief came out to ask about the meal all he could suggest is to heat it up in the microwave. The meal was very average in taste and therefore I would no long recommend this place. It needs re-decorating, and the food needs to be brought back up to the standard it use to be.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Food excellent, service good and welcoming and friendly staff. A pleasure every time. Took family and they were impressed too.

Visited April 2013