“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Lancs
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited here for breakfast based on reviews and were not disappointed.

We found a table easily and a waitress was over promptly.
The cafe itself is quite small with indoor and outdoor seating with a traditional Austrian theme of cuckoo clocks galore (you would never miss your bus sitting in here)

In addition to the English menu there were Austrian dishes and home made cakes.

Our food arrived in good time and it was great , good quality freshly cooked breakfast.

No rush to get rid of us either when we had finished , which is nice.

Worth a visit if your passing through.

Visited July 2014

Preston, United Kingdom
“Very friendly welcome, great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I always call here for breakfast when my car is being serviced locally and did so on 20/7/2014. I was made to feel very welcome and I chose a small table inside the cafe as I was alone but moved at the suggestion the staff so I could spread out (there are plenty of tables outdoors also). I ordered the full English breakfast which included toast and a pot of tea. It was explained that it would be a little while as everything was cooked fresh. I didn't even notice the wait, the tea and toast arrived followed by the super piping hot breakfast which I thoroughly enjoyed and arrived in minutes. My conscience saw me decline the fried bread which I think was offered as a freebie. This alpine cafe with cuckoos clocks, lederhosen and other Austrian artefacts is very clean and fresh. It is small, but there is no doubt that the local folks patronise this business and wise they are too and it is very comfortable indeed. The staff chatted to me and were busy cleaning when not serving orders. Thanks to Linda(?) for the advice on buckwheat re my query about gluten free products. I shall return as soon as I can. Keep up the good work.

Visited July 2014
Lancaster
“small but superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Met up with old friends for a light lunch at Café Edelweiss.This small but roomy café with its delightful décor and friendly welcome was ideal for our catch up, the staff were busy but didn't rush us in and out and talked us through the extensive reasonably priced varied menu. mouthwatering quiche salad with the Austrian owner, Lindas home made coleslaw followed by scrummy apple strudel was just delicious.What a little jewel tucked away down an alley off the Carnforth main street. well worth a search.A display of Lindas home made cakes for takeaway was too hard to resist so I brought some goodies home for my husband as I felt guilty that he had missed such a treat....

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“A great little cafe by all the shops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is used a lot by local people, to meet up or to have a break in a shopping trip. It serves home-made food and cakes, and it popular for coffee, tea and also for light lunches. Most people eat inside, but they also have a small area outdoors which is sunny when there is good weather.

Visited May 2014
Morecambe, United Kingdom
“should call more often”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

normaly just drive through carnforth, but decided to treat myself to something tasty. so called at edelweiss had a Tiroler Groestl. which was out of this word (hope spelt it right). followed by rhubarb crumble and custard. portion are very good. dont do anything for diet but well worth it. must treat myself to go more often staff allways very helpful and friendly. cafe was looking very fresh clean and bright all newly decorated sinse last time i was in.

• Visited May 2014