We have owned one week floating time here since November 1993, since then the treatment we receive has changed considerably. In the beginning it was a lovely holiday resort with families staying for the week, the club was packed out every night. Since the points system has come into being every thing has changed, because we refuse and cannot afford to change to the points system we get treated like 2nd class citizens, we have been told that we are not entitled to the fully refurbished lodges even though our yearly maintenance pays for it. Also it is not a resort for owners any more as it is advertised on many websites so anyone can book and by reading the reviews it seems they get better lodges than us. The lodge we had this year was very shabby apart from the toilet and bathroom. In the twin bedroom there was places on the wall where the chests of drawers had been removed and the wall had not been repainted nor had the screw holes been filled in. We had to ask for the patio to be swept and also for the windows to be cleaned in fact it was disgusting compared to a 3 year old caravan we stayed in on a Parkdean site in Cornwall earlier in the year. We will be writing to the head of Diamond resorts with photo evidence and complaining but I don't expect anything will get done as anyone exchanging into the resort will obviously get a top notch lodge. Also walking round the site we noticed quite a few fully refurbished lodges were empty yet we were given an old one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after the lake around which your Scandinavian style lodge can be found, Pine Lake is ideal for water sports enthusiasts. But there is so much more. The recreation complex is a great place to unwind, and the restaurant serves a tempting range of dishes from around the world. Away from the resort the glorious scenery of the nearby Lune Valley and Lake District can hardly be matched anywhere in England, and the Victorian seaside village of Arnside is a wonderful place to wile away a few hours and enjoy a traditional bag of fish and chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Pine Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Lake Hotel Carnforth
- Pine Lake Resort Carnforth, UK - United Kingdom