We have just returned from a two night stay here with another couple. On arrival we were unaware we were going to be asked for a £50 deposit secured on a card but it wasn't a problem for us but it could be for some people, also we were asked for our printed voucher for our free gift although on our confirmation it said we didn't need to print just show the voucher on our phone at reception on arrival, the staff on reception insisted that it was stated on our info but we still haven't seen this and there were at least three other different groups without a printout that thought you could show the voucher on your phone so obviously is not clearly stated! They did allow us to send a copy of the email to claim our gift. We thought the welcome at reception wasn't very friendly and that the staff were not very welcoming and that really we were putting them out by being there. Our lodge was very nice and was very homely and had everything we needed but we certainly would not return we think the resort facilities are overpriced and can't believe they charge for wifi access, that if you book a lodge you are charged a set price for electricity usage (surely it would be better to include this in the price). Reading the comments book in reception it appears some comments have been tampered with or tip exed out we can only assume these must be bad comments which is why we felt we couldn't leave our thoughts in there. Overall we loved the lodge and the views but once we stepped outside the lodge we couldn't find anything positive so if you are going to use this place as a base to explore the surrounding area it will be fine but if you are looking for a friendly welcome and intend spending time on the resort steer well clear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after the lake around which your Scandinavian style lodge can be found, Pine Lake is ideal for water sports enthusiasts. But there is so much more. The recreation complex is a great place to unwind, and the restaurant serves a tempting range of dishes from around the world. Away from the resort the glorious scenery of the nearby Lune Valley and Lake District can hardly be matched anywhere in England, and the Victorian seaside village of Arnside is a wonderful place to wile away a few hours and enjoy a traditional bag of fish and chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Pine Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Lake Hotel Carnforth
- Pine Lake Resort Carnforth, UK - United Kingdom