“Good Hotel Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Potters Heron

You added The Potters Heron to your Saves list
The Potters Heron
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Winchester Road | Ampfield-Romsey- Hampshire, Ampfield SO51 9ZF, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ampfield
Welshpool
“Good Hotel Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst visiting friends. First impressions were good. Nice large airy reception area. Treated with friendliness and courtesy throughout our stay. Room spacious and airy. Bed very comfortable. Breakfast can be either plated to order or laid out buffet style. This is dependant on how many guests are staying. They serve fried bread as well! On two occasions there was none out on the buffet but they cooked some especially for us, the last occasion without being asked. Lost a star because the en suite was slightly ageing - door knobs loose ( and room) sealant round bath peeling of and pitted chromework

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Manaccan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at The Potters Heron recently and I have to say I was most impressed.
The staff were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
There was a good choice of food, beautifully presented.
We had my elderly parents over for lunch and again, great care was shown to ensure they could get to the table etc.
Will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Lovely hotel with great access to Winchester, Southampton and surrounding areas. Restaurant is great and food is indulgent. Staff are very attentive and a great asset to the company. Bathroom was a little grotty, mouldy shower curtain, rusty soap holders and a bit run down. Apart from that a really lovely hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

we visit this hotel every year and always find the staff polite, helpfull,smartly dressed. had the lazy sunday deal and the food especially the beef was excellent. It was also really nice to see that it was the same bar manager working there. will go back again nxt year.keep the gd work up.

• Stayed March 2013
Romsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We went for a Weekday lunch, it was good food, but a slightly limited menu in the bar. The Service was quick and the staff were friendly. Ampfield is a great location and the hotel has a lovely building.

Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We took advantage of their Lazy Sunday deal; Sunday Lunch, a night's stay and breakfast.

Check-in quick and friendly. Room was spacious and well appointed, though the bathroom was looking a little tired. Wired internet in the room with wireless in the communal areas.

The restaurant looks to have been refurbished recently. Food was well presented and tasty. Breakfast was buffet style with a cooked choice to order.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went here to celebrate Mother's Day with my mum and family. Having been here before and having enjoyed my previous meal I thought this was a good choice. We ordered drinks from our waitress of which I received the wrong wine, but decide to let it slip and still enjoyed my glass. When it came to ordering food I asked my waiter I my 2 food choices were gluten free, the pork belly and the lemon butterfly chicken. He was uncertain so went to check and to write down other options for me. A different waitress came back to the table and offered the lemon chicken, I asked if that was all and she had no answer for me. I went with the lemon chicken that was to come with vegetables and potato. When my meal arrived it was chicken and vegetables with no potato. And with no other explanation of why there was no potato. It being Mother's Day I decided to not kick up a fuss like I normally would and let it pass as it still tasted good and was healthy. Throughout the evening the service was slow and all that could be heard from some staff members was giggling and messing around behaviour.
I come from a pub/ restaurant background myself. And knowing that we have many gluten free options and our staff fully describe everything that a gluten free person can and can not have, I was surprised and disappointed nothing else was said and no options were given!
I wouldn't recommend this establishment if you are gluten free, they don't seem to care as just see it as an annoyance.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to The Potters Heron? Share your experiences!