Awful drive down to this place from London, so I was in a particularly snotty mood.
Then everything changed when I went in through the front door.
1. Check-in lady - lovely, efficient, friendly, helpful.
2. Room - unbelievable - really nicely appointed, large, huge comfy bed, nice bathroom, immaculately clean.
3. Bar/Restaurant - very nice staff, again really helpful and efficient.
4. Other staff all really kind, professional, courteous, etc.
Quite frankly the combination of the fabulous room and the even more fabulous staff warrants me awarding this the rather dubious accolade of best UK hotel I've stayed in this year (including the super posh ones I don't bother reviewing because it's irrelevant).
Seriously - I'm actually looking forward to going back for another meeting in the area next month. One other thing - can't remember the name of the young woman on reception in the evening but she is pure class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Potters Heron Hotel nestled in the heart of Hampshire, near Winchester, Romsey and Eastleigh,and recognize it by its distinctive gabled thatched roof and traditional features. The hotel is located just 3 Miles from IBM HQ .Once inside guests can relax in one of our 53 comfortable bedrooms or enjoy the attractive surroundings of our contemporary refurbished bar restaurant over a delicious meal and chilled glass of wine. Within easy distance from major roads [M3 J12] Potters Heron is an ideal venue for all occasions, be it business or pleasure.The Restaurant features informal lunch and dinner restaurant AND bar menus, with freshly cooked seasonal changing specialities, both regional and international. In the summer we have an "al fresco" sun terrace with wide umbrellas available. In the winter we have a cosy log fire to warm you up. Open 7 days a week from 9.30 am til late, our large restaurant bar is stocked with international lagers, quality ciders and 3 Hampshire Ales on tap, a large wine selection lists wines by grape variety which enables you to select your favourite wine by flavour, either by the glass or bottle. Sunday lunch with succulent roasts from 12 - 3pm Morning cappuccinos from 9.30 am, afternoon tea, espresso and liqueurs for the evening. Last orders at 9.30 pm. Plenty of free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout, THE meeting place in the green....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Potters Heron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Potters Heron Hotel Ampfield
- Potters Heron Romsey
- Potters Heron Hotel Romsey