“Sleek modern hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton

You added Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pamir Drive | Ashton Under Lyne, Ashton-under-Lyne OL7 0PG, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel Manchester Ashton)   |
Welshpool, United Kingdom
“Sleek modern hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

very nice modern hotel, slightly clinical feel, but the room was sleek and modern, with an excellent shower. the aircon unit was quite noisy, but otherwise a very pleasant stay at a good price. The restaurant menu was varied and although servings were small, it was well priced.

Room Tip: Maybe try to be away from the road side
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. Im so pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback. Next time you stay with us please contact myself and i will ensure your bedroom is allocated away from the motorway side of the hotel (subject to availability)

emily.ohara@village-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Asked for two glasses of wine it came to £17 I couldn't believe it I didn't say anything obviously and just paid but I mean it's Ashton. How the hell can they charge that for 2 glasses of awful wine!! I won't waste my money there again only went for a drink with a friend who lives in the area and apparently it's the only place to go and there making the most of it at those prices

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, February 24, 2014

I am sorry you felt your visit to us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Im not sure exactly what wine you chose on the evening, our wines start at £3.95 per glass and go up to £6.50 per glass so it does depend what you had. Our wines are Competitively price for the area.

If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of January for my birthday. We booked an upperdeck room with champagne and truffles on arrival - room was definitely worth the extra money, bed was massive and very comfy, very clean, modern and plenty of amenities including sky, bose ipod dock, starbucks package etc. Breakfast was good, restaurant was comfy and stylish. Victory pub also had a good atmosphere. Didn't use the gym or pool facilities but looked in and they looked of a very good standard. Staff were friendly and didn't leave you waiting, the only negative I would say is that our car broke down as we were due to leave and reception staff didn't provide any help to us with regards to that.
The location is ideal as there is a lesuire park right next door (walking distance) with bowling, cinema and a few casual restaurants. We got a taxi into town on the first night, (the hotel called us a taxi) and that only cost about £15. There is also 2 tram stops within walking distance that take you straight into the city centre.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely return!

Room Tip: Upperdeck rooms definitely worth the extra money
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
stafford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed at the hotel in January for my wifes birthday. Good stay in general. Hotel facilities good, little tired in areas that could do with a refurb. Had a upper class room and worth paying the extra for!!!
Had prepaid for a 3 course meal in Danny and Vitos restaurant which was all good, only thing was that they tried to charge us for it again @ checkout, you have been warned!! Requested a newspaper which was available at reception and found that i had been charged £1.90 for a 70p Sunday Sun newspaper!!!!!! in all the years that i have "enjoyed" hotel stays i have NEVER paid more than the cover price for the paper!! Rip off and a great way to squeeze a few extra £££££ out of unsuspecting guests!!

Room Tip: Check your bill without fail or your wallet could be plundered!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Portadown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hotel. We stayed here for a birthday party which wss close by and i looked through alot of local hotels before deciding on this one. We were not disappointed. Brilliant facilities for all the family young & not so young. Rooms were large and well appointed. Atmosphere was great in all areas of hotel ( had that warm homely feel about it). Breakfast was excellent & plentiful. Kids loved the swimming pool & husband & son only had to walk out the door for about 100 yards to get the tram which dropped them right outside the Man City ground. All in all excellent value for money & will definitely be back

• Stayed January 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Visited the Village Hotel in Ashton in December for a Christmas party night. When I first stepped in to the marquee, I was amazed at how wonderful it looked! to think, every other month of the year its just a strip of grass, now its a beautiful marquee!
Drinks were relatively well priced. ive visited the Village on a number of occasions, and the drinks are always well priced for the location and the fact its a hotel. arrived to a champagne reception, and a fire breather stood outside.
ordered a pitcher of 'WooBull' cocktail, which was a great quality red bull based version of a woowoo. tasted delicious, and came back for more. was disappointed ordering my second pitcher of cocktail. this time I chose a Cosmo Fizz, but it mainly tasted of lemonade. I saw the barman, Luke or Lewis I think was his name, poor lots of Lemonade in it. when I returned for my next pitcher, I ordered another cosmo fizz. this one was made by the other barman, I think he said his name was Brad. he made a nicer tasting cocktail, and apologised for the other barmans poor quality cocktail, and offered me a discount. I thought this was great customer service.
the food was decent quality, with the turkey very good quality.
WE had waiters come to the table to take our drinks orders. our waiter was, unfortunately, very rude, aggressive and bought us the wrong order-but still charged us! I ordered all my table drinks, and everyones arrived apart from my elderly mothers. her White Wine took minutes to arrive. I was very disappointed in this. The scruffy waiter was called Patrick, and I will not attend another event at this hotel if hes the waiter!
the DJ was really good, playing a range of songs, as well as interacting with the customers, which some DJs don't do.
when the night came to the end, the security didn't force everyone out too quickly, which is what you sometimes find in hotels. the kind gentleman at reception phoned me a taxi, whilst my friends finished the night in the residents bar. all in all, it was a good night. few disappointments with staff, but I thoroughly enjoyed my night nevertheless. would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a fun night, and doesn't want to spend loads of money!

Room Tip: don't position yourself too close to the bar, as lots of congestion
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Ashton. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your visit to us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager and I can assure you each point has been taken seriously.

Again thank you for your comments.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our family (Mum, Dad and two kids aged 7 and 3) stayed in a Village family room while visiting relatives just after Christmas.

The room was fairly large so it could accommodate two fold away beds. All the beds were good and comfortable. The room looked modern and stylish, but perhaps more thought could have gone into practicalities. One example is the minimalist storage, ie, there was a very narrow hanging space almost filled by the ironing board plus around 5 drawers. Both of these were covered by one of the kids beds, therefore no use at all. There were no coat hooks. The result was a very messy room. Luckily the stylish lighting was so subdued we couldn’t see the mess. Not so handy when you are trying to find something though.

Having said all that, it was excellent value for only 89 GBP per night for all of us, including breakfast. It also includes use of the pool, which we didn’t manage to squeeze in. For that reason I'm giving it 4 stars.

The reception area is large and has a Starbucks so we had a lovely coffee with my relatives in squidgy chairs. We also had lunch in the ‘pub’. Unfortunately there was hardly any staff, so it took about 10 minutes to queue to order and 30 minutes to arrive. The food was good though.

The hotel is situated right by the leisure park. We had a great time with the kids going to the Hollywood Bowl, the cinema and two restaurants: Chiquitos and Frankie & Bennys.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton? Share your experiences!