“Great location for City Centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton

You added Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton to your Saves list
Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pamir Drive | Ashton Under Lyne, Ashton-under-Lyne OL7 0PG, England (Formerly De Vere Village Hotel Manchester Ashton)   |
“Great location for City Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights on a Business trip and was suitably impressed with the facilities...the gym was fantastic, much bigger than most of the hotel gyms I've been to. Rooms were comfortable and clean and had an ipod dock, free wifi so I could get some work done too. Staff were friendly, polite and helpful.

There were two restaurants and a Starbucks on site, only ate in Vinny & Vito though as the Victory pub only really did burgers and hot dogs etc which is fine if you like that sort of food (I don't)..Vinny & Vito however had a wider choice and the food was lovely. Had to wait a while for food to arrive but as I wasn't in a rush I didn't mind. Breakfast was also served in this restaurant. Again, great choice and really good value.

Even though my stay was covered on expenses I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again and paying out of my own pocket for a leisure visit!

All round great hotel close to the City Centre which could be reached in about ten minutes on the tram which stops right outside.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Three things:

1. Found hair in my bed

2. Found pubic hair in my bed

3. The mattress was severely stained and after my complaint I hope that the staff will throw it away and do a check the rest of the hotels bed linen.

Am horrified! The staff changed my room and put me in the accessible room.

• Stayed November 2013
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Ashton. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

I am sorry you felt your stay with us wasn’t up to 100% satisfaction I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments and they are being followed up by each department manager.

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Kind Regards
Emily O'Hara
emily.ohara@village-hotels.com
Media & Marketing Executive
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The Village hotel for two nights on a Friday and Saturday. We were visiting Manchester for a cycling event and wanted a hotel where we could spend spare time relaxing. The hotel is bpnice but is let down by a few easily fixable service issues and annoyances. 1. Check out is 11am which is fine but we were a few minutes late after breakfast and our room cards didn't work - they get blocked at 11am!! Crazy never heard of a hotel doing so before. 2. Power - as per most hotels lights require your room card to be in a slot on the wall which is fine BUT unlike most hotels that operate this system it is required for operational power sockets as well! This means you can't go out (or to the gym downstairs as we did) and leave your phone/tablet charging. 3. Breakfast selection service - minor but this should be improved for the price, would it be hard to increase the selection of breakfast items (for example, type of eggs to include poached). Service for tea/coffee etc is very slow, only 2 waitresses at a weekend.

These small things add up to a less than relaxing time and mean this only gets 2 stars. A hotel brand of this repute should be better than this.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ok admittedly this hotel isn't in the greatest of locations, however, my husband and I decided to spend a night here for my Birthday, it's only around 20 minutes from our home but we didn't want the hustle and bustle of a Manchester Hotel.

We booked an Upperdeck Room (adults only do nice and quiet) for the night but decided not to make a dinner reservation at the hotel restaurants. Instead we booked Puccini in Ashton Town Centre - which by the way is exceptional! But anyway, back to the hotel...

Check in was good and the room was very impressive but a little dark. I immediately noticed how inviting the bed looked but resisted the urge and went to the hotel swimming pool. Bit of a performance getting in due to people making membership enquiries but once in I tried the pool which was too cold for my liking. The spa pool was nice and I did not try the sauna and steam. In was in and out within 10 minutes but I wasn't too bothered.

As I said, we went out for dinner and then arrived back at the hotel,where they had live music in the bar which was really quite good. We then retired to our room and the bed is the most amazing bed I have ever slept in! Great temperature, the most comfortable bed ever and gorgeous quilt and pillows. I have a memory foam bed and feather quilt and pillows at home but is really is out of this world!

I'm a little upset as I don't think I am going to have a good a nights sleep as I did that night and am now researching to get. Yield one of these beds and bedding sets. It looks as though it might set me back by about a grand but it would be worth every penny! To wake up and not have back ache...oh the joys!

Back to the hotel generally now...breakfast was enjoyable and the staff were very nice.

I am looking to return to one of their Christmas parties in December just so I can sleep there again!

Yes the leisure facilities are a bit of a let down but the rooms more than makes up for it, hence 5 stars!

Room Tip: Upperdeck all the way
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here on business with a small group on a repeat visit.

Check in was a joke, one person on desk, 7 people in queue, waited 15 mins to get room card and I was second in the queue. Room was requested as a twin, however set out as a double.

Room clean, modern, lacking any toiletries in bathroom, but all in order. Leisure facilities are great, and the main reason we visited again. Starbucks in reception is convenient and service was good. When we have visited there is a really strong smell of fresh paint in the corridors, which is overwhelming.

Eating in the restaurant is to be avoided at all costs. We booked in and it still then took 3 hours to be served a problematic 3 course meal. Food is OK, starters over priced, with prawns (all 4 of them) and burnt lettuce £7, and very disappointing. Hot Rocks is a great idea, cook your food in front of you to how you like it. Sadly the rock I had served was a cold one and I had to eat my meal 15 mins after my friends. Had to chase up service all through meal, missed or incorrect dishes, no offer of drinks, we resorted to going to the bar ourselves to get drinks and bring back to table. Staff spent their time turning the restaurant around for the breakfast serving, of which at one point we thought we would still be there for! The restaurant was actually closed when we asked for a desert menu, of which again the orders turned up wrong. To make the experience even more laughable, the waitress who has been hidden for much of the 3 hour meal, then appeared and asked us to order coffee to go with our deserts so she could get a bonus for the 'perfect cheque'!

We had part of the bill refunded for one meal as good will, which is to be applauded, however the experience has lead us to stop booking in for the hotel, as they don't seem to be able to manage groups of any number.

Overall, disappointing, looks the business, needs to be run more like one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, December 9, 2013

Please could you contact me on the details below and we can try to rectify the situation.

Kind Regards
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Chose The Village Ashton for a 'get away' with the family and paid £208.00 for 2 nights B&B with Dinner on the first night. The hotel is easily accessed from the M60 and handily placed for the MCT tram which is located around 500m away. The hotel is very modern both in the public areas and bedrooms, with a large and modern gym and leisure facility including 25m pool. Whilst the inclusive dinner menu is limited to around 4 choices from each course this did not detract either from quality or portion size - it was superb so much so that we ate there the following night too. Perhaps the only area of improvement is with breakfast which has a limited alternative choice to the plentiful cooked selection. One of the things about the hotel are the staff - from the moment that we arrived we experienced smiles, courtesy and helpfulness in every area - very special thanks to Jenny who oversaw the restaurant at breakfast and Hassan who waited our table at dinner.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Me and my husband recently stayed at the village hotel Ashton moss and was very impressed with the service we received. We arrived late at night and was greated by a very pleasant young man called Mike, he was very helpful and helped with our luggage and brought champaign to the room.
We ate in the newly improved Italian restaurant the second night, which I was very impressed to have such great food and service throughout our meal. The only down fall to this hotel is the hotels pub drinks are abit pricey but all in all the hotel is amazing, with a gym swimming pool and free wifi.
I highly recommend this hotel as it is close to the city centre and great for couples and family's.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Village Urban Resort Manchester Ashton? Share your experiences!