TL;DR: Not Dangerous, Staff is not the bad, bathrooms are clean and rooms are clean and good enough for resting.
I spent a week in San Francisco for WWDC2014. I booked my airplane ticket and hotel in expedia.com. I didn't realize where this hotel was located. I thought it was well positioned near the downtown and Yerba Buena Gardens. A couple of weeks before my trip I did some research about the area and found out that the hotel "was" in the Tenderloins. I freaked out big time and I was scared because the most I read about Tenderloins the more scarier it seemed, specially for me having to carry my laptop top the conference.
After I checked in I asked about the neighborhood and they told me I shouldn't go southwest cause there's where it's kinda dangerous. I also found out that the hotel is not exactly in the Tenderloins is in the limits. Nothing bad happened during my stay. Actually the neighborhood wasn't that bad. I would even come around 1 or 2 in the morning walking by Geary Street from Square Union.
That said, I wasn't concerned about the rooms or the bathrooms. I knew when I booked it that the bathrooms were in the halls. However, the bathrooms were always really clean as the room too. The room had a small fridge, a tv, cable, a sink, and a microwave.
If you want to bring someone for the night you have to pay extra, not that I did it, but I was warned at check in. I think that rule is kinda stupid and that's why I give it a 4 out of 5.
The personal is ok, I think there's a language barrier, but they were nice to me. Also they were always at the front dask when I came late. They even got me a taxi at 4am in the morning once.
I would recommend this hotel if you don't have a lot of money to waste in hotel or you see hotels as me: Places that you go after you have a good day. After all, what else do you need after been walking around SF for hours?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne Hotel Ashton-Under-Lyne
- Travel Lodge Ashton-Under-Lyne
- Ashton-Under-Lyne Travel Lodge
- Ashton-Under-Lyne Travelodge
- Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester