“Excellent stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashton-under-Lyne
Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne
You added Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne to your Saves list
Lapwing Lane, Ashton-under-Lyne M34 5QL, England   |
“Excellent stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights it was very pleasant very helpful staff the lad on the desk Adam was amazing will come again we are booking to stay on the 24th of January for 3 nights and can not wait especially now they have had a refurb it looks amazing

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

we went down to stay with family over the festive period and it was a nice travelodge and i will be back soon we have been before the rooms are very well looked after and there are tea and coffee in your room

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Lanzarote, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have just had a very pleasant experience with Travelodge. I had booked in for 4 nights but because I did not know if would be able to travel because of a family illness, or that I might be able to travel in two or three days time , they bent over backwards to be helpful, I was Abe to book in over the phone and given a room number , so that if I was able to go then I would have my room , I arrived on the third night , had two very comfortable and peaceful nights sleep , the next time I have to return to England I will deffinatly book in to travelodge

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here with family for a night in late October. The rooms are modern and spacious, the beds are comfy. However neither of our rooms had towels, one had used tampons still in the bin and in the other the bathroom floor was covered in hair. Not sure I'd recommend this place over other budget options.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Care at Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Whilst we are happy to hear you found our rooms to be modern and spacious and our beds to be comfortable JHOManchester, it is regrettable to learn that the room was not up to our usual high standards of cleanliness and that the room was not set up with the correct amount of towels before you arrival. We will ensure to pass your comments onto the Hotel Management team which will allow them to be able to make the necessary improvements to stop these type of things from happening again.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked this hotel as we had an early morning flight to catch and we had read terrible reviews about travelodges closer to the airport so we booked here and we were pleasantly surprised. The Travelodge had clearly had a refurb which we thought had been done to a pretty high standard. It is next to a tram line and some relatively busy roads but overall it was quiet enough to sleep ok and was convenient for getting to Manchester airport. It was also very good value as we booked quite a way in advance and got a cheap deal.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room if you want a quieter room, we were in an odd numbered room which face...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Runcorn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and last time we was there they did not get a good review from us. We only went back this time because we couldn't get in anywhere else for the price we paid. I complained to travelodge about the price they was asking for the night and due to the run down state of the place i told them they needed a refit as they beds were awful. They told me Ashton was not on the list for a refit but after a lot of thought and the fact that we had a voucher we booked it for £30 for the night. When we arrived i asked at reception for extra pillows as they never have enough in the room. I was gob smacked to be told they had had a refit and the pillows are big and fluffy and she didn't think we would need anymore. I took her at her word and said i would be back if i did need more. Surprise surprise the beds now had 2 pillows each and they did look big and fluffy. I'm sure it was a new mattress as the bed was very comfy unlike last time we was there. The room looked better but when you looked close there was chips out of the furniture but the new bathroom door could only have been fitted by a blind man and who had no joinery skills what so ever. The door didn't even fit and where the hinges were there was a big chunk of wood missing. The door hadn't even been painted and there was screws missing from the hinges. It gave us a good laugh but they should seriously get a joiner who knows how to fit a door. Sadly i forgot to take some photos otherwise you could of all had a good laugh. The only thing what stopped me from sleeping this time was the people in the room above us who seem to stamp around the room until 3am. I did think about ringing reception or going upstairs myself but i kept thinking they would shut up soon. I fell asleep at the end out of share exhaustion. If we go back i will ask for a room on the top floor but the 1 thing that would put me off is the tram lines a few yards from the hotel. Lucky for us they haven't started to run on that section of line yet. Well done travelodge for listening to people and their complaints and making the rooms more comfortable.

Room Tip: a room on the top floor away from the tram lines
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your review AnneRuncorn. We’re pleased to hear you found our new king-sized beds to be comfortable. Although we are sorry to learn that there was an issue with the bathroom door and that you were disturbed by other guests. We ask customers to be courteous to other guests during their stay and we try to reduce noise by having insulated walls and double glazing. Our hotel staff will be made aware of your feedback so that they are able to make repairs.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this hotel as we were going to the Tesco wine fair in Manchester, parking was free anda taxi for 5 was £15 the rooms were clean and beds were comfortable excellent value for money. We traveled to America the next day it was close to the airport in fact I will stay there again and drive and park at the airport again great value for money. The tram will run in front of this hotel when it opens.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne? Share your experiences!