“Poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Saturday evening. It wasn't overly busy. We waited a long time for the starters then was told it was no longer tomato soup it was now pea and mint. So my partner said he'd have that instead. Then we waited again. Main course seemed to take for ever. Food was nice. Just the waiting for food that bothered us. Also nobody notices when your glasses are empty. We also noticed a few people who'd arrived after us were served before us. I am not sure I would return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went for a pub lunch for our anniversary, very poor service. Our order was not taken until 45 min...we had a 9 month old baby.... I agree with others... staff not being aware of customer's needs. Once our order was taken....it took about an hour for our food to come....in addition to all this our order was wrongly taken. We mentioned it to the waitress... she seemed like she was helping....but
Came back with an excuse...which really was not good enough. As our baby was becoming unsettled we did not argue. Go if you want to waste your money and time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Slowest Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been to The Hartshead several times and the service has never improved. The staff seem totally unaware of their lack of customer service.
On this occasion, we walked in and waited a moment for a member of staff to greet us and show us to a table. I spotted a waitress had just finished cleaning and managed to ask her if there was one free, (although she would have quite happily walked past us if I hadn't have stopped her, even though she clearly saw us waiting!). After checking if there was one available, she kindly pointed in the direction of a table "over there in that room". We didn't want to be shown anyway...

Drinks order was taken promptly, but it was 10 minutes later that we received them. I would like to say at this point, there were only approximately 4/5 tables being used, so it wasn't exactly busy.
Our food order was taken and about 1 hour later, we received out main courses.

I understand that during busy times there may be a wait for food, but A) it was not busy. B) there is never an apology for the staff's lack of customer service skills and lack of speed when serving.

What is a beautiful pub in a beautiful location, is ruined every time by the staff that clearly don't care about the customers.

What a shame.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“If you want to waste your money and don't have taste buds then dine here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Poor service and a very Long wait. Food was not as described in the menu, it was very poor standard (chicken was extremely dry and the chips were cheap frozen and tasted of poor quality, no salad garnish or seasoning) we complained but offered no discount or apology. We paid £95 and were left extremely disappointed. We will not be returning!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Audenshaw, UK
“Normally great food and service but going down hill ???”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My friends and I go to this pub for special occasions, b'day, or special occasions.

However this last visit which was a dual occasion (b'day and retirement) was let down by the fact that the main courses came out to the table at least an hour after ordering them, we had all decided to forego starters so were extremely hungry, I was especially not happy with the plate I was given which was a risotto ... the plate was freezing but as we were all starving we ate our meals. A previous event also was dissapointing, we waited ages for the food and when it came out some of the dishes had cool to cold items on the plates ... chips / peas etc.

Not sure if want to visit again if this is what is going to happen.

A shame but I'm not wasting good money to have cold food !!

• Visited March 2013