“Decent food, very poor service” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Decent food, very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We went at around 1630 on a Saturday and the restaurant was around half-full. The service was appalling. Despite there being no line, we had to wait five minutes for someone to seat us. Meanwhile staff walked past apparently oblivious.

It also took almost fifteen minutes to get a bill at the end with no server apparently assigned to our area.

The food was good, the drinks fine but expensive - £3 for a pint of soft drink.

There are much better branches elsewhere.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield
“Better branches of Chiquitos elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Went here with my partner as we were passing and are very keen on Chiquitos.

We arrived about 7pm on a Friday evening and the place wasn't jam packed and there was plenty of tables still free. We were seated in a corner that had a big party table set up, even though there was plenty of tables available a little further away. In hindsight, I should have really asked to move, but you would expect waitresses to realise that most people don't want to have to listen to a group of teenagers screaming and shouting when there is lots of space in other places.

Ordered a garlic bread with cheese and as usual was very good. In all other branches this is dressed with a little bit of fresh chilli but in this instance it was a handful of fairly wilted watercress. Very strange.

I ordered a pulled pork quesedilla with salad and my partner had enchiladas. When they came I was impressed at the quesedilla as it seemed to have three parts to it, whereas most places have two, however the salad was pretty grotty. Obviously straight from a bag, with a huge dollop of dressing on the top - far too overpowering. Other branches of Chiquitos obviously make the salads fresh and have big chunks of tomato and cucumber, and freshly washed lettuce, whereas this one had a few random leaves, a bit of shredded carrot (which was the giveaway it was out of a bag) and some radish - not exactly fine cuisine. That said, the pulled pork was very nice. My partners enchiladas were also very good.

Ordered a cocktail which came quickly and was nice, but a couple of little niggles. Firstly there was a strawberry on the top which was all withered and wrinkly, and obviously hadn't been kept in the fridge. Secondly they had piled the ice so high it was over the lip of the cup so as it melted not only did it dilute my cocktail it also melted all over the table.

I like Chiquitos so will go again however will remember to next time go to the one near Old Trafford, or when at home, the one in Sheffield which is hands down the best.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Raining Bank Holiday monday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Typical bank holiday Monday, "Raining" fed up lets go out for a meal, thought of all the usual places,nothing seemed to inspire me, having been to Chiquito's a few times my wife and I decided its not far to travel, foods always been okay, decision made, booked on line for 18:00, arrived early,glad I booked very busy, bought a drink whilst waiting to be seated, 5 minutes later we sat down, table was a little cramped squeezing through I cleared the contents off the adjacent table with my coat, we sat down waiter service was prompt orders taken, starters my wife had a salad I had potato skins which came with a small pot of dressing, the skins came piping hot and with the dressing tasted good, my wife enjoyed the salad, main course my wife decided on Spicy Chicken Quesadillas, whilst I had Steak Fajitas, we had to wait about 20 minutes for the main course, which was fine, My Fajitas came minus the wraps, however when questioned they arrived prompt, my Fajitas came on a very hot skillet, which as a result of being sat at a cramped table was spitting hot oil some of which went on to me, however this did not deter me, my wife enjoyed he Quesadillas and my Fajitas were very good, we had a voucher for 20% off the meal which even though it was a bank holiday was accepted. All my visits to Chiquito's have been enjoyable, and will be going back again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Awful food, decent service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 via mobile

The food here was awful. Really bad. Cheap convenience food for people who don't really mind what it tastes like or have never had better. I should have known what i was in for when i walked through the door and saw almost the entire contents of the local estates out for their weekly treat.

I love Mexican food normally but this was by far the worst I've had.

Go to Nando's next door. Way better tasting food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

Took my mum for lunch on a sat afternoon & we were very impressed. We were given free nachos & dip to start & had a fab main meal. Waiter Service was very friendly & kept checking if everthing was ok. Atmosphere is great & will defo be returning. Bit pricey but food great.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere