“Best breakfast in Essex” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Labworth Restaurant

The Labworth Restaurant
Eastern Esplanade, SS8 7DW, England (Formerly The Labworth)
01268 683209
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Best breakfast in Essex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I and my family have been going to the Beach Bistro for years, the food is excellent and the place is run extremely professionally, in the warmer months there is often a queue to get in, which you don't mind waiting. I have had a few breakfasts in my time and nothing beats the Labworth!

• Visited February 2013

London England
“Pre Christmas Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I went with my sister to the Labworth in November. We had both been before but it was a first visit for my sister. She was duly impressed both with the range of dishes available and the quantity of the food. We all chose something different and none of us were disappointed. The staff were very attentive and helpful but never pushy. We will of course all be back and hopefully it will be in the summer when we can appreciate the view a little better.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Essex
“Tastecard visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Visited here in early January, went for a birthday meal, restaurant was less than half full but for time of year I would say this is good, we were greeted by the friendly staff who took our coats and drinks order, we sat at the bar with drinks for a while whilst viewing the menu, we where then invited to our table by the window, overlooking the Thames, we had mushroom ravioli and salmon parcels to start, rack of lamb and chicken breast for mains, then had the taster menu dessert which is 4 small desserts but perfect for sharing, a good idea as too chose 1 would be difficult. The food was excellently presented, well cooked and very tasty. We had the benefit of a taste card so bill was very reasonable at £51 including drinks, will be returning soon.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing, best meal I've had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I visited the Labworth restaurant recently after hearing about what a nice restaurant it was. And these rumours weren't wrong!
Lovely decor, friendly staff and delicious food.
As it was the Christmas period, they also have decorations, Christmas meals and hats to make your night more enjoyable and festive.
The food was to die for, the portions were just right and the presentation spectacular.
The staff were lovely, they made us feel at ease and worked hard throughout the night. Definitely recommended!
Thank you for such a nice night!

Essex, U.K.
“A welcome return.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We came back for what now seems to be an annual pilgrimage on our calendar to the Labworth, this time we brought two family friends who had never been before. I'm glad to say as usual, none of us were disappointed with the food or the service. Great Christmas atmosphere our party enjoyed the following; Starters: Malaysian chicken, Deep fried Brie, chefs cold tasting platter and for main course two of us had the Beef medalions with stilton, rack of Lamb and a steak - all cooked and presented to perfection. Dessert consisted of creme brulee, mango and passion fruit pavlova and a chocolate brownie.
With regards to the car parking yes it is a bit of a state but this is beyond the control of the restaraunt, I find if the weather is a bit inclement like it was last night I just drive the car straight up the ramp to the sea wall, offload the party and reverse back down to the car park - simples!
Will definately be returning again (before Christmas!)

• Visited December 2012