“Excellent modern clean - bachelor pad” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thalasia Costa de Murcia

You added Thalasia Costa de Murcia to your Saves list
Thalasia Costa de Murcia
4.0 of 5 Spa   |   Avenida del Puerto 327 -329, 30740 San Pedro del Pinatar, Spain   |
London
“Excellent modern clean - bachelor pad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Found this hotel after walking out of one down the road, it was brand new spotlessly clean, the room is the best I have had and I've stayed at many 5 star hotels, it was modern, flatscreen tv, nice green glass modern bathroom, big balcony , couldn't believe my luck.
Had a nice pool and a classy restaurant downstairs,
Has a spa, salt water pool connected to the hotel.
It is excellent and as my girlfriends family live near the area I will certainly stay there again

Room Tip: Excellent
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

we stayed for 3 nights friday to monday, We booked a junior suite for us and our 12 yr old son.

on first arrival it was wow!! by the end of the first day and night it was more hmmm!!

the hotel is very superficial, on first glance, spacious, airy, luxurious etc, then when you are actually there in the hotel as a guest the cracks start to appear. I definatly do not recommend this hotel, i will be very honest in my review and hope it helps someone on making a decision to stay there.

on arrival reception rude and ignorant, no direction to room, just a number. (we had one reception staff member help us who was lovely, american accent, so helpful)

only one iron for use in whole of hotel requiring 20 euro deposit, so take travel iron with you.

our sons bed not provided with sheets pillow etc, not made up once for him in whole of stay.

breakfast variety very good, but.... stone cold every day, coffee machine had que of 10 mins every day then you only got just under half cup of coffee in your cup after all that queing!!

one long pillow between us both that was flat to the bed when laid on, we requested a firmer one from pillow menu which was rock solid, like a shelf, we were bit unlucky with that.

the bed is a sprung frame that highers up to clean under it, hence with every movement on our bed it squeeked LOUDLY!! every little slightest movement all through the night, we requested it to be sorted, which it was , but only the mattress was changed so the squeeking continued.

our door seemed to have a mind of its own, not locking on shutting the door as we left, on our last night we arrived back to find it was unlocked and were able to walk straight in without using the key, (room 333). we were absolutly apalled at the lack of help when complaining about this.

the spa... you have to pay to use the spa pool, we were under the impression when booking that is was within the cost of the holiday. it is packed with the locals who use it and spanish who stay over to use it on a sat and sun so maybe best to use it on the friday , its closed on a monday, and closes at 2pm on the sunday.
it looks great but was 'too busy' when i wanted to use it!!!
so i tried to book the massage, my friend who we went to visit in murcia came with me to help me book it as she speaks quite good spanish.
the woman at the reception was down right rude to her, demanding we sit down and let all the spanish go first who arrived after us, we had qued up for 15 mins already, when my friend spoke to the woman asking for help in booking, she said she did not understand her poor spanish and asked me what we wanted!!! my friend tried to expalin but this woman would not help or be civil to us. in the end we spoke to a lovely girl who helped us.

the massage... cost 45 euro for a basic full body . on arrival to the spa NOONE spoke any basic english, i waited and waited and finally a girl managed to understand me, by now i was over 10 mins late for my treatment even though i arrived 10 min early to book in.. i was taken to the room and the girl managed to tell me what she wanted me to do in hand signals. i was very disapointed with it, it was basic, the front of both whole legs and my back were finished in 12 mins. then the rest was done and i was left for 5 mins to relax. i did relax
but it was not worth the money at all.

good points.... lovely outside swimming pool which is not charged for , with the terrace facing the sun, very nice area to relax with a drink in.

spacious relaxing sofa areas, free papers.

i stayed at a local hotel to this one last year called the traina, it was smaller , no spa, basic pool, basic cafe and bar area, but this time i wanted more luxury so we booked this one, i really wish we hadnt, the other one was just as clean and spacious in the room just as big, and lovely. the staff were helpful and smiled at you not like at this one where most of them were grumpy and didnt even make eye contact with you.

and it had a great restaurant with lovely food, the breakfast buffet was exactly the same as this one but it was hot!

a very disappointing weekend stay and we will not go back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Kettering Northants
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

I tried to book a day spa treat for myself and 3 friends for my friend's and my birthday. Despite several attempts to book the day, with promises by the reception staff to call me back 3 times, I came to the conclusion that they were not at all inclined to accept my efforts to spend money there!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Bermuda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

This is a 4 starts hotel. The only thing I can complement on the hotel is that it is new and the infrastructure looks quite new and nice.
You don't expect certain things from a 4 star hotel like the fact that they only have one iron and you have to pay EUR20 in order to use it.
It is a complete disorganisation from the front desk to the hair salon. They had no idea what the story was at front desk. Even when I had a reservation on the hair salon 2 months in advance they were convinced the hair salon was closed as staff was on vacation, creating a moment of panic amongs all the ladies travelling with me. Also on the check out I found out there was overcharges on my account from the hair salon too.
The lunch buffet was not included on my rate and the food was definatelly not good and way to pricey.
Also all the bars and hotel shop are closed most of the time or close early as if we were on low season. I belive end of June is considered high season.
Also this is a spa hotel and would you belive they organised a Tatoo conference during the weekend of our stay. This involved lots of people tatooed head to toe, noice motor bikes, people smoking splift, lots of police around the hotel, etc ...That is not the image I was picturing from a spa hotel.
I was quite dissapointed with the whole experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

I surprised my sister with a overnight stay at the Thalassia mainly for the spa but found a package that included a room and breakfast for next to nothing. We arrived to find extremely attentive staff- i had emailed ahead and mentioned that it was my sisters birthday treat. The reception staff arranged a room with an exterior view and increased the time we could have the room til so that we could relax for longer in the spa.

The room was clean, comfortable and very good value for money. The mini bar wasnt very well stocked and was also warm. The TV had plenty of channels but only the news channel was in english.

We ordered room service and it was really prompt and good value for money (not something id normally associate with room service!)

The SPA was fabulous, our skin felt absolutely amazing after just half an hour in the waters. My sister had a mud facial which was brill- she had to sit in a jacuzzi with lots of coloured lights and was then plastered with mud!.

I would definately recommend the hotel based on the SPA alone. The hotel is ok, nice interiors/bar area etc but not in a great area. Didnt feel like i wanted to go out at night and explore.

As for previous comments about breakfast- i couldnt complain, everything was fresh and a huge variety, Only one oddity- carrots! They served bacon, eggs, sausage and boiled carrots on the hot counter!

Overall a realaxing break.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
English Riviera, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

Very disappointing. I had read reviews on Trip Advisor before going - and just hoped they would be wrong. The Management REALLY needs to sort out the Breakfasts. The cooked meats and cheeses were changing colour, where they overlapped on the cooled tray - and looked very unpalatable - they had obviously been on the tray for far too long .
Anyone wishing an English-type breakfast will also be disappointed. The eggs had been fried and kept on a hot plate for approx 2 hours and looked disgusting and inedible - the bacon was swimming in a tray of fat on the hot plate.

A complete re-think would be SO simple and would cost very little more to produce a professional product and presentation. The rooms WERE spacious - but again they need a complete re-think. They LOOK big, but, when you start unpacking, you start to notice there is no room in the wardrobe to hang your and you wife's clothes. The room furniture consists mostly of facia. I felt like Mr.Bean looking for drawers or doors to open but you realise there are none - there only are tiny spaces to hang your clothes.

You might have guessed something was wrong when you entered the room - there's no where to hang the coats you arrived in. My wife enjoyed the swimming pool which was free, but the other facilities are rather expensive, considering that the hotel patrons probably consider using them prior to their visit. Had the hotel sent (which we tried to get) the prices for these facilities we would have changed our whole outlook on what type of hotel experience we would have liked. I have given a rating of 2 out of 5 = OK with problems, but the truth is the Rating is "Disappointing with problems which are easily surmountable"- , problems which should not exist in a hotel of this price range and location , the location being very near to a new, low-rise Industrial complex which is, as others have mentioned, a sewerage plant - which, to be fair did not cause us any undue problems at that time of the year.

• Liked — Bathroom
  • Disliked — lack of space for hanging clothes & Breakfasts
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2007

I stayed here for one night only to attend Company Women Awards Dinner Nov 2007.
The hotel was clean, modern and big.
Our room was a large twin with a lounge area a nice views of the coastline. The bathroom was luxurious, and clean, and the bed very comfortable. No coffee/tea facilities though... and no iron, had to wait ages to get the only one in the hotel delivered to the room. Not a compliant, just aan observation.
Breakfast was buffet style and very good, especially as the dinner the evening before was not the best i have had?
We had time for a swim in the spa before checking out and this is what i would return for more of......
Only wish I had had time to book a treatment and a few more days to relax, but alas a flying visit to Spain.
Would have problem recommending this hotel for a relaxing short break or business (not for a family holiday though!)

• Liked — Spa
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Thalasia Costa de Murcia? Share your experiences!