“Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in L'Estartit
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for 2 nights 17-19 June The hotel is in an excellent location in Estartit We were made to feel very welcome on arrival and the request we made for a sea view on the 3rd floor was honoured. Staff were very pleasant. The hotel is basic but very clean. The breakfast was simple but adequate. There was no hair dryer, fortunately I had my own. Parking on the street was no problem. We would recommend this Family run hotel.

Kathi & Brian McClarence

Room Tip: Request a sea view room & take a hair dryer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff were great, helpful and friendly.
They helped me to design my road trip back to Barcelona and full of information on the local and surrounding area. Ontop of that the Hotel Belle Aire provides extremely good value for money and was super clean and well maintained. I had a good nights sleep in this hotel and being a stroll away from water front meant the days were easy to plan. Overall, I had a pleasant stay at the hotel Belle Aire and would definitely recommend the hotel as a place to stay in L'Estartit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I tried another recommended hotel first, but walked out when they wanted 56 euros for a single room. I walked down to the next corner and looked uo the street and saw the Belle Aire. So I decided to give it a try. I believe that he is the grandson of the founder of the hotel. He and his wife, along with his mother are the current "dueños". They are genuinely concerned with the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. Even though I was only going to be there for the night, he couldn't stress enough that I should feel free to ask him for anything I needed or wanted. I had the opportunity to speak to all three of them. And I even spoke to their two little children/grandchildren regarding their knowledge of English. As young as they are, they both have English in school. My room was small, as single rooms often are. The bed was a standard twin size. Unfortunately, I am 6'2" tall and my legs tend to stick out. But that is not his fault and the matress was very comfortable. He told me the matresses were all new. The sheets and blankets looked new as well. The room had a closet, a table and TV with remote control and a night stand. The bathroom was fine and very clean. And the shower was EXCELLENT with a perfectly positioned bracket for the shower hose on the end wall. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water. I was in there for at least 15 minutes. We were talking about "Trip Advisor" and I asked him who the biggest complainers and fault finders are. I thought it might be the French. But he said, "NO, it's the Spaniards themselves." He asked my opinion about spending zillions of euros on a complete renovation and, with it, higher prices for guests, or whether he should keep in simple, but clean and well maintained with lower prices. I told him to keep it just like it is for budget travelers like me. An example is the hotel phone system. The rooms have wall phones with no dials. At the front desk, there is a switchboard (centralita) with all the stretch cords and little holes to plug in to. It is all bright and shiny and is reminiscent of a byegone era. Who needs a phone in a hotel room these days anyway? There is a free buffet breakfast from 8-10. Granted it's not as lavish as those of the four and five star super hotels, but is is certainly sufficient and fairly varied. My room charge was 34 euros and I parked on the street for free almost in front of the door. Five stars for the Belle Aire!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We travel to L'Estartit from Venezuela to attend a football (soccer) tournament our son participated at. The Hotel was nice, with a very nostalgic flare of time when we we were kid as well. I strongly recommend the Bell Aire is a great place to stay in a great little town of the wonderful Costa Brava!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for large room!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is not modern but has all that is needed for a pleasant stay without all the fuss. Ideal place for quiet people in search of an affordable hotel and genuine atmosphere and service. The owners are taking care of all your needs. I would recommend this place for a stay around September, when the crowds of noisy tourists in the streets are gone, and the heat is back to pleasant :)

Room Tip: For a more enjoyable stay, ask for a room on the 3rd floor with view on the sea.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Aix-en-Provence, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I spent one night in this hotel and its perfectly placed. You can walk to the town centre with all the shops and restaurants in a matter of minutes and you are just a couple of hundred metres from the beach yet not on the main road.

The hotel staff are very friendly and accommodating, they even filled up my flask with boiling water so I could have my afternoon tea on the beach :-)

I would definitely go back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Freiberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Bell Aire Hotel is a family business since a long time and it is placed in a calm street only a few minutes zu the nice beach or to the center of L' Estartit, where little shops and restaurants are waiting for your visit.
Ramon, the young owner of the hotel is very sympatic and tries to fullfill all the wishes of his
guests. He and his wife can speak not only spanish, but also french. His employee at the reception can speek good german. In the restaurant of the hotel you can choose between
three menues in the evening, which are all good.
The rooms are simple but very clean, many of them have direct see view.
In the evening you can visit the bar. Internet is possible in all rooms.
We had been there for several times and we will return again. Family Bachmann.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bell Aire Hotel? Share your experiences!