“3.5 Star, Not 4 Star!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 hotels in Formigal
USA
“3.5 Star, Not 4 Star!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

We are staying here now [June 29]. Family of four including 15 year old daughter and 11 year old daughter; we have two rooms. The hotel is located in small village near top of pass, very beautiful location. The hotel is newly built, modern and clean. But this is where it ends.... first issue is that they advertise "wireless internet" and I am on working vacation; I need access 3-4 hours per day. Room had no access, only lobby after you procure special password from front desk. But then after this, I find out it does not work in the lobby! After alot of complaining, they put me in small side room [business office] where I have to unplug LAN cable from their computer and put into my laptop. 4 Star hotel should have internet in room!

Then next issue, where is the coffee? 4-star should have coffee in the room, or hot water heater and cups [I am smart enough to pack my own instant coffee packs]. They have nothing. Not even available in lobby! Must wait for restaurant to open, and only drink coffee in restaurant. They would not let me bring cup into lobby, or to business office I was working in!

Although, clean and modern, rooms are not spacious for 4-star hotel! Should be more spacious [both bathroom and bedroom]. They are not small, just typical. Also, they gave my wife and I two twin beds put together [not double bed, or king bed].

Through these faults, coffee, internet, spaciousness.... the staff does put on their best face, and try to help to the best of their ability.

• Liked — location, views
  • Disliked — no internet; no coffee
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Saliecho in Formigal in August. Unfortunately we only stayed one night - I only wish we were there longer. The hotel itself is very nice and clean. The indoor and outdoor pools were lovely and the scenery that surrounds you is beyond description. We did not realize that Formigal was so far into the mountains, and the drive there in our small rental car was harrowing at points but very adventuresome and beautiful. If you enjoy nature, than you will definitely enjoy this place as it offers many options for activities (being that it was summer, they offered several hiking trips). And to top it all off, the food at the hotel restaurant was superb and such a deal. The free breakfast buffet was worth waking up to as was the mountains in the morning. I can't wait till we return to this wonderful retreat!

• Liked — Scenery
  • Disliked — distance from major city
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Saliecho? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Saliecho

Address: Urbanizacion Formigal, 22640 Formigal, Spain
Location: Spain > Aragon > Province of Huesca > Formigal
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
#2 Luxury Hotel in Formigal
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Saliecho 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Saliecho reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Saliecho Aragon, Spain - Formigal

If you own or manage Hotel Saliecho, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.