“Room for improvement” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Room for improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

It is some time ago not long after it first opened we tried this restaurant. Unfortunately we were spoiled by 'India Gate' hence the review rating. The poppadoms came swimming in grease, the service was poor and the curry seemed as if it had come out of a packet as it was bland and the meat was rationed. I hope to give a review in the future when we return it's just difficult after our first experience.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Indian Restaurant, perfect food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This restaurant was a real surprise. The food took what seemed to be a while, but to be fair there was a lot of it. When it came and we tasted the various dishes we were pleased it took a while to arrive!

I spoke to the owner about the fact that they have no website and I couldnt find a phone number online for them and he said they had a restaurant in a nearby town and had only had this one a year and would get a site up next year.

The service was really good, they couldn't do enough to help us and seemed genuinely interested that everything was to our liking.

Got a funny look when I asked for a mango lassi to drink (they're listed under desserts on the menu!) but they also did a banana lassi (it came coloured pink like strawberry but was certainly full of bananas!, they were both gorgeous and had cream on top, being a dessert and all!

The menu was extensive and all in Engish surprisingly, and was a reasonable cost for this level of standard of food - extremely tasty and well cooked - everything.

They were supposed to open at 6.30, but I gather they often open nearer 7pm, be aware.

Toilets left a little to be desired, but we came to eat, and is probably on their list of things to do.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“lovely food, friendly staff and not too expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

First time in this resort- would definately go back- stumbled across this restaurant by chance and was lured in by the waiter- he was attentive but not too much.. lovely menu- we had a chicken bhuna and chicken tikka masala with the usual accompaniments- the garlic nan is delicious, full cloves of garlic in- so we all stunk the next day!!- down side was the constant 'looky men' plying there wares and also the flower sellers with there roses...think management should stop or at least reduce this harrasment. The bill was 50 euros- for 3 of us with drinks which was roughly an average for our stay. We would go back.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Monasterevin, Ireland
“Best Indian Fare I've sampled in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

What a sweet find on our recent trip to Roquetas de Mar. we happened upon this fantastic Indian while looking for an Italian in the area. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The location is only a block from the beach and situated in between two cocktail/icecream parlours it has an lively med feel. It was so good we went twice. The first night I had Prawn Biryanni which was served with a yummy house curry sauce to the side. The prawns were succelent, the flavours rolled off the tongue, quiet simply the best biryanni I have ever had, and the second night I had tandoori prawns (I know shellfish again) which was again full of flavour and tasted like more. I am not a big eater and hardly ever finish my dishes but these two, even though quiet large (daren't think of the points) I wolfed down. While waiting for our meals we had lovely freshly made popadoms to nibble on and then to wash the meal down a few shots of compleminary schnapps, which you can help yourself to as much as you like as they leave the bottle there with you until you are ready to leave (altought after a feed like that two was about as much as I could manage). The head waiter takes the time to speak to the patrons and asks about their holidays, fluent in both English and Spanish, and smiles his way throughout. Excellent establishment.