“A Great Hotel on a Lovely Island!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aparthotel Atlantida Mar

Save Saved
You added Aparthotel Atlantida Mar to your Saves list
Aparthotel Atlantida Mar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Boavista, 9, Praia da Vitoria, Terceira 9760-557, Portugal   |
Lisbon, Portugal
“A Great Hotel on a Lovely Island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel is something that one can say near-perfect!!! Everything is just great over there. We spent 8 nights in a mountain-view double room. The view from the room was certainly breathtaking. The room was also quite comfortable and good-sized. By the way, I have never seen a hotel before which has a dedicated internet router and wifi access point in each room!!! No question of bad internet! Location: Simply great. 5 minute walk along the coast to Praia's center which is a very beautiful town. The walk is something we did almost 2-4 times everyday. The staff is really nice and kind both at the reception and the breakfast buffet. The breakfast is huge and of very good variety. All things including the swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna are of high quality and always available. The views of the ocean from the pool and jacuzzi is something we will never forget. At the end of our stay we asked for late checkout which the receptionist gave us immediately (up to 3 PM). However, our flight was quite late in the night so they told us that we could stay in the lounge and use all the facilities like the sauna and jacuzzi! Quite nice, I must say. Lastly, I would add that this hotel is the best one so far in my opinion in Europe. And for the comparison's sake, I stay around 2 months every year in various hotels around Europe.

It is hard to point out what I did not like. But then, no one is perfect! The washbasins in this hotel are kind of super-stylish! So stylish that once in a while I splashed water all around while using them. Also, bicycles should be available, at least a few sometimes. Most probably they are available in summer and we were there in winter.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are equally good (as compared to sea view!). It is simply breathtaking!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Orlando C, Gerente geral at Aparthotel Atlantida Mar, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear guests,

We want to share a good news with all of you:

Atlântida Mar Hotel has been named as a winner in the Small Hotels category in the 2014 Travellers’ Choice® awards, coming in twelfth out of 25 best Small Hotels in Portugal.

Last year we also had been awarded with the Traveller’s Choice 2013; at that time, we were ranked in 19th position.

Travellers’ Choice award winners are determined based on the reviews and opinions of millions of TripAdvisor travellers around the globe.

These are two very important awards for us because they were determined for those who know us best – our guests who come to TripAdvisor to share their experiences after being with us.

Thank you all for your reviews and opinions. We will continue to do our best to offer all our guests unforgetable moments.

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed 3 nights here with my fiance in January. To be honest I expected a lot more from this hotel after reading all the very positive reviews. First of all, I wouldn't recommend going to Terceira in January since most of the attractions like the Grutas are closed and it can be quite boring. In my opinion, the hotel looks better in the pictures. We used the hot tub, gym and the sauna which were all very good. The breakfast was good. The staff are friendly. My only complaints are that the carpet is gross and has some stains, the t.v. volume doesn't go up high and the bed is quite hard. In my opinion, this hotel is more like a 3 star than a 4 star. I've stayed at many hotels throughout the world so I can tell when a hotel has a wow factor and when it's just so so. This one is so so. There aren't many hotels options in Terceira so this is probably one of the best ones sadly. Not that cheap in my opinion. We stayed in a great apartment hotel in Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel for only 40 Euro and we had sea view and kitchen and everything we needed.

Room Tip: I would recommend the sea view rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando C, Gerente geral at Aparthotel Atlantida Mar, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Atlântida Mar Hotel for your vacations in Terceira island and also thank you for your reviews in TripAdvisor and in Booking.com. All feedback is important for us – be it good or bad, because we take costumer service seriously. Knowing what guests think about us, allows correct what is not well and helps to improve our performance.

We would like to inform that all pictures published in our website, in TripAdvisor or in Booking.com have not been worked in photoshop programs, they are real and recent (the hotel does not have yet three years old).

Rooms and corridor carpets are often washed whenever they are dirty or with stains. We care very much about the cleaning. In Booking.com our cleanliness rank is 9.5 (from 0 to 10).

All rooms have about 70 TV channels and some of them actually have a low volume; we will ask to our TV provider to increase the volume a little more.

We are glad you enjoyed our hot tub, gym, sauna, breakfast and the friendliness of our staff.

Finally, we would like to highlight that, whenever possible, we offer to our guests early check-in and late check-out, free of charge.

We hope to see you again in Atlântida Mar Hotel.

With our kind regards.

General Manager/Owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night with work . Having stayed a few days earlier in another hotel down the road we swapped our booking to here. Amazing sea view fantasic service and comfy huge suite. A fantastic night's rest and great service . Thank you.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Orlando C, Gerente geral at Aparthotel Atlantida Mar, responded to this review, January 21, 2014

We were very pleased to know that you appreciated our hotel and our staff.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcoming you again in the future.

Shropshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had an early flight and arrived at the hotel around 9am. The friendly receptionist immediately relocated us to empty room. We loved the decor, the cleanliness, the quietness and the ocean view. There were parking spaces just outside the door, 2 restaurants very close and the town of Praia da Vitoria only 10 mins walk. There was a swimming pool and gym and a huge and varied breakfast each morning. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. We would certainly recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Orlando C, Gerente geral at Aparthotel Atlantida Mar, responded to this review, December 2, 2013

Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The place is great - a sea view, swimming pool, jacuzzi, ... close to the city center and beach. The prices in restaurant are ok and you can borrow a bike if you want...

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT: The stuff is EXTREMLY friendly and helpful during all stay. Moreover I have lost a camera during stay on Terceira and once they found it the send me back to Poland. It is unbelievable.

Room Tip: If you have mountain view it means that you will have a room facing the road and it will be noisy...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is truly an amazing hotel and this year they have won an award from TripAdvisor which is well deserved. The staff were lovely and the owner an incredibly warm and welcoming man. On my first day it rained all day and somehow I think he sensed my frustration despite me putting on a big smile and positive attitude. Hearing him say 'Today it's been raining all day, but from tomorrow afternoon it'll be sunny until the end of the week' completely changed my mood. The hotel is exceptionally clean without the strong smell of cleaning products that you get in other hotels. They seem to get everything just right in this hotel. A lovely 4 poster bed with everything working perfectly, but by far the best thing about this hotel are the intelligent and friendly staff; nothing is too much trouble. On my booking form I mentioned that I was gluten-free and, without me expecting any special treatment, they provided a plate of biscuits, a cake and some gluten-free cornflakes and let me know they had gluten-free bread. This is the first time this has ever happened to me having travelled for years. It was unexpected but I was touched. It's a lovely quiet place if you want to completely unwind and I intend to go back. The sauna is nice too!

Room Tip: I didn't go for a sea view but it is better. My view was of a field of cows and I love cows so I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Terceira, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

It is my second stay here, and I must say that for me it is not just a hotel, but it became a HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
The best about the wonderful place are the people who are there for you as REAL friends! We were given so much care and so much attention during our stay. Nothing was too much. Everything was possible.
The accomodation is perfect, the sea views are fantastic, the breakfast offers delicious fruit and pastries that make you become fat if you are staying here for a long time. In no place in the Azores the sweets in the morning are so delicious.
The girls at the front desks are not just employees, but they are real hosts and friends at the same time. The owner of the hotel is always present and looks so well after the place. Everything is spotless and very clean. The ladies who clean the rooms are all extremely friendly and do a great job. The gardens and pool area are extremely well kept.
If you intend to visit the beautiful island of Terceira and want to stay in a home away from home, it is the Atlântida Mar! Forget about the anonymous, big and often badly kept 4* hotels near Angra. Atlântida Mar is small, intimate, sympathetic and family run. I always come back here with my nicest feelings, and it is a "coming home" for me.
A warm MUITO OBRIGADO to everyone who made our stay so beautiful. Orlando is one of the most helpful, kind and best hotel managers I got to know, and the girls at reception continue do be so kind, efficient and charming! Thanks a lot from my heart for all your help, your smiles and your kindness!

Room Tip: For the small price difference I strongly recommend either Suite 206 (on 2 floors, downstairs to sle...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Orlando Cabral

Been to Aparthotel Atlantida Mar? Share your experiences!