“Resturant with a view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conte Matto

Conte Matto
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trequanda
Conte Matto
You added Conte Matto to your Saves list
via Taverne 40, Trequanda, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Trequanda B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Resturant with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Once a year we treat ourself to dinner here.

The village restaurant has a magnificent terrace overlooking the valley and an attractive interior, if you do not dislike the mosquitos

The food has been excellen for years Southern Tuscan, but with individual touches, the Pici are the best I have tasted.

This year sadly standards seem to have dropped a little, the peas with our lamb tasted frozen, surely not needed in this region of superb local produce, and the cuts of lamb and beef were well a bit coarser than of late. The prices have not changed, I for one would pay a few extra euros to revert to the old menu

I cannot comment on the rooms as I have never stayed, just eaten

Thew wine list has changed to support the growers of the district, admirable except truth to be told in my opinion they do not match the Chianti Classico's that have disappeared from the list. Please bring back Casa Emma, Montoro, or even Contessa di Radda, not everyone wants to drink the heavy weights of the Orcia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Bielefeld, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Il Conte Matto is one of our favorite restaurants in this area. Davide and his family, Chiara his sister, and of course Mama are doing a wonderful job every year. The cusine is a classical suthern Tuscany stile one. Excellent Chianina beef and lovely noodle dishes, or ask for a full menue. The prices are affordable. The wine list is good, many local wines are available. Unfortunately Davide has reduced his selection of great Chianti Riserva wines (only my personal view). We recommend to sit outside in the garden of the restaurant. You have a wonderful view of the landscape! Our recommendation: Visit the area in the truffles season and go to Il Conte Matto.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gembloux, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We visit Tuscany or Umbria every year.. first as a couple, now as a family with our son.
Every year, we return to Conte Matto: the quality is the same for years.. Davide and his family has always good advices around food and wines.. we always speak a little bit italian, and we always feel really welcomed! the prices are very affordable for the quality of the dishes that are being served here.. meat of great quality (chianina) and great pasta.
The restaurant has a great view on Trequanda surroundings.. we will be back in Tuscany in June 2012, and will return to Conte Matto! moreover, the village is really beautiful and worth a view.. small streets, nice bar, nice small park,... authentic italian life!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Bainbridge Island WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Conte Matto is more a restaurant with rooms than an inn with restaurant. My room (a single with one twin bed at 45eur/nt!!)was spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and had drop-dead views onto the Tuscan countryside. I felt like part of the family as soon as I checked in. The entire staff made me feel very welcome. I ordered a bottle of wine at dinner, which I did not finish, and it was saved for me for the next night's dinner. Breakfast was more than adequate and the breakfast/dining room rather luxurious - dining outside in warmer weather would be a real treat. The host, Davide, went out of his way to welcome me and help me with some local arrangements.
Highly recommended for a short stay or for a marvelous dinner.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Conte Matto? Share your experiences!