Stayed there 3 nights in July '09. Really special. You will have problems findng this hotel, even with a TomTom! And that's part of what makes it so cool! After we drove back and forth in the nearest small town ,San Giuliano Terme, we did spot the sign for the hotel. The drive up is spectacular, with such a bending road that you'll have to use your cars horn before every turn. And I'm from Norway, so quite used to "bending roads", but only seen something like this once before.
Shortly, this is a 3-4 star on the outside (pool, restaurant, etc.) with 2 star rooms.
Which by easy kalculationn adds up to a 4 stars, right!?! The place is just special; you'll have a breathtaking wiev (remember, I'm Norwegin, so I'll know..Fjords, right?). You can see for miles, and easily spot that strange tower leaning to one or two sides.. If you want a quiet, relaxing, "read-a-book-with-a-vew" kind of hotel, THIS IS IT!
We have a daughter (11) and a son (10), and they both really loved this place! Especially the pool and also the outside aria where we played a lot of football.
NOTE; The restaurant is only open for dinner on wed.- to saturdays (?).
NOTE 2: Our friends; a couple with children of the same age, came 2 weeks later.. and left after 1 night for a more comfortable hotel... If you want truly 3-4-5 star "luxury", this isn't it.
But we normally stays at 4-5 stars, and all of us really wants to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The locals call this "paradiso," and quite rightly so. The Residence Capanne is well worth the steep and winding climb for its spectacular, unbeatable views extending to Pisa. From the pool and flowered terraces, Pisa can clearly by seen in the middle of the plain below and it is just 4 km down to the little spa town of San Giuliano Terme. Restoration of this 17th C villa, and its cleverly converted five adjacent buildings, provide varied accommodation and the setting for a delightful restaurant. Stone steps link pathways and apartments to the main courtyard of the villa, with a parking area above. We are able to offer two self-catering apartments, both with a slightly different aspect. Simply furnished, they are equipped with kitchenettes designed for only light holiday cooking, to encourage guests to take full advance of the restaurant. When this is closed, a pizzeria opens in the courtyard below. Apart from the obvious attraction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it is also easy to make day trips to Lucca, Florence or Siena. The nearest good sandy beaches are to the found at Tirrenia, a short drive from Pisa. The splendid nature reserve of San Rossore, which stretches along the coast from Pisa to Livorno, is also well worth a visit-although check with the local tourist offices for opening times, which are restricted. Apt. Studio (2 people): ground floor living area with double bed, kitchen corner, bathroom with shower. Private equipped terrace with view. Apt. Bilocale (2+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area Apt. Trilocale (4+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area 8 Dbl bedrooms with bathroom have been recently introduced on the second floor of the main building . All with TV Sat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Le Capanne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Capanne Hotel San Giuliano Terme
- Le Capanne Province Of Pisa/San Giuliano Terme, Italy