This place is in no way an Agriturismo. They grow oil, yes, but they don't sell it, offer it, use it in restaurant or ANYTHING. The property is full of fig, apple and other fruits trees that were all full of ripe fruit that was just dropping and rotting on the floor. A little initiative to offer these fruits at breakfast would go a long way.
I didn't even meet the owners... common practice at an agriturismo. My only experience was a rude phone call at 5pm the day of check in demanding to know where I was, apparently reception closes at 5pm (no one told me when I booked that I had to be there by a certain hour) and as a result had to rush from Florence there.
Upon arrival we were put into our room (hot and stuffy, no air con, tv didn't work, bed was a matrimonial not twin, and hardly any natural light) but i twas cute and clean and the bath room was massive.
Breakfast is joke - cappuccino from an automatic coffee machine. It was horrible. We are in Italy - make a decent coffee!! and is offered only from 8.30 which is a little late if you plan on making an early start.
Saturday night there was a weddign reception held there which didn't stop till past 3 am in the moring. The music and people created such a racket, it was impossible to sleep before 3.30am. We had to get up at 6.30 to drive back to rome so the lack of sleep was not appreciated. Ofcourse, there was no one there to ask to monitor the noise as the owners leave once reception is closed at 5pm. A little warning may have been nice, we had decided to stay on the top of a mountain to get some PEACE and QUIET! Not a 'Casino"
The best things about this place is the View, the restaurant (which is completely separate from the 'agriturismo') and the Pool.
If it wasn't for the staff at the restaurant the stay would have been a major disappointing. As such i suggest going to the Restaraunt for dinner one night, getting there early so you can enjopy the view and staying some where else. The food is great and they are so friendly! 10/10 for the them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The locals call this "paradiso," and quite rightly so. The Residence Capanne is well worth the steep and winding climb for its spectacular, unbeatable views extending to Pisa. From the pool and flowered terraces, Pisa can clearly by seen in the middle of the plain below and it is just 4 km down to the little spa town of San Giuliano Terme. Restoration of this 17th C villa, and its cleverly converted five adjacent buildings, provide varied accommodation and the setting for a delightful restaurant. Stone steps link pathways and apartments to the main courtyard of the villa, with a parking area above. We are able to offer two self-catering apartments, both with a slightly different aspect. Simply furnished, they are equipped with kitchenettes designed for only light holiday cooking, to encourage guests to take full advance of the restaurant. When this is closed, a pizzeria opens in the courtyard below. Apart from the obvious attraction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it is also easy to make day trips to Lucca, Florence or Siena. The nearest good sandy beaches are to the found at Tirrenia, a short drive from Pisa. The splendid nature reserve of San Rossore, which stretches along the coast from Pisa to Livorno, is also well worth a visit-although check with the local tourist offices for opening times, which are restricted. Apt. Studio (2 people): ground floor living area with double bed, kitchen corner, bathroom with shower. Private equipped terrace with view. Apt. Bilocale (2+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area Apt. Trilocale (4+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area 8 Dbl bedrooms with bathroom have been recently introduced on the second floor of the main building . All with TV Sat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Capanne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Capanne Hotel San Giuliano Terme
- Le Capanne Province Of Pisa/San Giuliano Terme, Italy