I travelled there with more friends last September. The hotel is good if you are on a budget trip, and you want a place to stay to visit Pisa. It is quite far from Pisa (although me and a few friends walk to the Piazza del Miracoli in approximately 50 minutes, but i would not recommend this. There are buses which can take you into the city and there is a hypermarket quite close, from which you can get food and drinks (E.leclerc).
The hotel has a nice pool, where you can relax, but unfortunately it is only open during the day, so if you come back from a hot day in Pisa, you can find the pool closed (closes at 18:00)
The restaurant is average. We had a half-board, but i cannot say that i enjoined any of the meals.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
I agree with the other reviewers that the room walls are quite tin, you practically here everything around you, so it should be quite for you to get a good sleep. The road and traffic however is not a problem as the hotel reception is blocking the street.
Just as a note, there are 2 and 3 bed rooms.
Overall, and budget hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ask for our special offers!Park Hotel California, built in a typical Sixties style and skilfully refurbished, is surrounded by the greenery of the Mediterranean scrub which is specific to the coast of Tuscany. Open all year, it is the ideal place for cultural trips, for business or total relaxation. The restaurant of Park Hotel California can seat up to 200 people. It offers its guests a menu built around traditional Tuscan dishes, simple but full of local flavours, which are loved all over the world. The wine list offers a wide selection of wines, including the best Tuscan ones, such as Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico and Vernaccia. Our restaurant is also perfect for ceremonies, with a wide range of menus personally selected by our ChefThe magnificent park of cluster pines and cedar trees offers an opportunity to relax in peace amidst the greenery of the park and enjoy the wonderful colours of the garden. During the summer season, the pines, stroked by sunrays, release such rich and unique scents that cannot be found anywhere else.Immersed in the park, the pool of Park Hotel California is an excellent alternative to the sea. It has generous dimensions in order to allow guests to swim in freedom. Open from June to September, free disposal for Hotel Guests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Park Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel San Giuliano Terme
- Best Western San Giuliano Terme
- Park Hotel California Province Of Pisa/San Giuliano Terme, Italy