“Truly overrated” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Pisa, Italy
“Truly overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I think the place is really overrated: the service is terribly slow - they bring one appetizer (e.g. a cup of olives, a plate of cauliflowers, ... ) at a time. Some of the appetizers are nor local neither original, and also the other dishes were nothing exciting.
Moreover, if you stay there for the night and you are placed in the room next to restaurant, you will not be able to sleep until 1pm! And they don't tell you when you book.
There are better and more economical B&B nearby and even in Pisa centre.
I would not recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

American in Europe
“Exceptional service, beautiful atmosphere, AMAZING food and very reasonably priced...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I am an American that has lived in Italy for 3 1/2 years and I have traveled to many different countries and this was by far the best meal I have ever had... Seriously... I have never had a more perfect dining expeirence. The dining room is small and cozey, perfect for an intimate setting with family and friends. The owner and his staff were seriously the most friendly people I have met in Italy. The wine was delicious and the food was wonderful. We had to have tried 20 different things while we were there. The food just kept coming!! All of the vegetables are grown on site and the meat and poultry are bought from the local markets. There is so much flavor in every dish served. You can tell the owner truly has a passion and loves what he does... It shines through in every bite you take. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone I know. Like I said, this is by far the best meal I have ever had at any restaurant, in any country... I will forever remember our dinner here... Don't miss out on this AMAZING dining expeirence!!!! You will be in heaven!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“DO NOT MISS A DINNER HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I was with a friend and we didn't booked but the owner was friendly enough to accept us anyway and only later i inderstood why he need time in advance. The food is produced from the local farm and in quantity necessary for the booked guests. We were lucky enough to enter in their budget of prepared food. The atmosphere very traditional and authentic as the food and the humble way the owners describe the courses (i was born 40km souther and lived in tuscany! I know was typical is!) if you are lucky enough to be around, book in advance and go. Can't go wrong!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Simply incredible combo of unique atmosphere, quality food and excellent service ... And almost for free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Waaauw! That is what comes to mind when thinking about our dining experience at Enrico's place. All of the good that is said in other reviews about this place is 100% appropriate: atmosphere, food, service, ... Waaauw! I can't possible add anything to that, except for this: After a truely fantastic evening, we asked Enrico whether he could call for a taxi to drive us home. Where is home, he asked? A hotel, 15 to 20 minutes from here, we answered. No need for a taxi, he said, I will drive you home. We had some difficulties believing it at first... But he was dead serious. No problem, he said, it will be my pleasure. So after having cooked a fantastic meal for us and serving it with the greatest of care and warmth, he topped it off with driving home - in the middle of the night - customers he had never seen before... Never have I experienced anything like this in my life before, nor will I probably ever experience anything like it again. Thanks Enrico for a unique experience and all the best to you and your lovely wife!

Visited August 2013
“Evening adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful experience in Tuscan food and passion. Coming from Lucca, GPS is essential to find this hidden secret farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. Off the small road, a dirt road leads through the olive trees to a charming home hotel and family restaurant. Greeted warmly by the host, chef and head farmer Enrico...we sat down to a long lovely dinner...everything home made , produce from their farm, including olives , olive oil and vegetables, red wine, apertivo......we didn't realize there were going to be 15 courses, 15! Olives beans, tapenade(best thing), frittata, cabbage, mushrooms, artichokes...all BEFORE the salumeria...then fresh ravioli,garden grown greens, tagialatta(steak)... And dolce. We had the best time, drinking, laughing with the other people...only 4 others in the room. All in all a terrific experience. Enrico and his wife take great pride in their efforts and their home...the passion shows in every step. At the end....il conto...30€ Each.At home that meal would have been $80!
2 advisos : call before you go. And GPS!