“Good enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Poggibonsi
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel rooms here are adequate and the bathrooms are very nice. Most of the time the person at the front desk knew some english which was very helpful. The continental breakfast was excellent. The train station is within walking distance which is nice and there is a grocery store nearby. I was there with a large group and many of the rooms had airconditioners or phones that did not work. While I was there the elevator wasn't working which made moving luggage difficult.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a Cosmos tour and found the hotel to be ok. Supermarket close by and a 10min walk across the river & under the underpass takes you up into the lovely town of poggibonsi with lots of shops,restaurants etc. Huge market on Tuesdays selling everything you could think of.

• Stayed June 2013
Nelson,UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is clean rooms good breakfast has a very good choice,but if you are on a Cosmos tour your evening meals are set without choice and are of very poor quality, water and coffee with your meal is at your expence!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

** Be aware ** this hotel DOES NOT have a pool or sauna as depicted in the photos of this hotels reviews. I actually does not even have a pool or sauna.

My wife and I stayed here as part of a Cosmo's tour for 3 night's when we arrived the air conditioning was not working in the 35 degree heat which was more than uncomfortable. The staff did not seem interested in helping and lied to multiple people's our tour as to when I would be repaired. Hey did not even supply pedestal fans to aid in cooling us during the night. 2 days later it started working again.

The bar staff without knowing made remarks about a customer right in front of them not knowing my wife spoke Italian and were quite rude about it, they were racist and denied knowing any English when confronted about it by me.

Ther is not much around, except the supermarket which is walking distance (200-300m) which we brought our water and alcohol from instead of the mini bar as it was so much cheaper than the hotel, and I did not feel they deserved anymore of my money.

I would only return here if a mandatory stay as part of a tour, never again of my own accord.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was travelling in a group and had a night stay at the hotel. Wasn't too pleased when I found out that the air-con wasn't working. I am fine with not having the air-con, since the temperature at night was rather low.

However, what I was unhappy was that when we called the reception to ask him to have someone to check the air-con (just in case it was us who didn't know how to get it to work), the technician didn't come, even after an hour of waiting. It was until we checked with other group mates that we realised that they also had the same problem and the reception informed them (after several calls) that there is something wrong with the air-con system. Would appreciate it if they could inform us earlier or at least, take the initiative to inform guests.

Apart from that, when we were going for breakfast, we didn't know that our group were segregated from the rest of the hotel guests. When we reached the restaurant, the restaurant staff asked us to leave by giving us a "shoo-off" sign!

To end off the bad stay, while we were having breakfast in our group's breakfast room, the staff (not sure if it was the same one) stood at the food area and stared at us/the food.

Well, so are there any good points about this hotel? Sure there is. The hotel comes with a decent bathroom/toilet and free Wifi. However, these 2 points would definitely not attract me to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Great customer service from the staff, clean rooms and definitely a great deal for the price. Nothing was too much to ask. Very helpful and spoke English. We will definitely be back.
Thank you again!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Amedeo Esposito E, Direttore at Toscana Ambassador, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear "Ccisme100",

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here.

I appreciate your comments regarding your satisfaction and i will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with my team. Grazie Grazie

All of us at the Toscana Ambassador look forward to welcoming you back here. If ever I can be of personal assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards.

Amedeo Esposito
Paris, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

great location near Sienna, San Gimignano, Florence.. very clean and comfortable room and it seem recently renovated. good breakfast, room situated on the top floor. helpful and friendly staff.
Thanks to Vittoria. She was so warm and generous with good advice. Large room. Clean. Good breakfast . Very good soft beds, thick blankets,it's real relax. Good tv set.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts on your visit to the Toscana Ambassador. We do take great pride in looking after our guests and are a very dedicated team so I am delighted that you found us accommodating and helpful.

I have passed your kind words to all the team who appreciate our guests taking the time to write.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,

Amedeo Esposito
Toscana Ambassador

Been to Toscana Ambassador? Share your experiences!