“I can't recommend this place highly enough!” 5 of 5 stars

Agriturismo Bonello
Strada Provinciale 146 | Val D'Orcia, 53026 Pienza, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Pienza
Hong Kong
“I can't recommend this place highly enough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been to Italy for a week, and I would like to send HUGE big thanks to Luca for saving my "Tuscany part"! He really went an extra mile, and helped me to find a rental car on a Saturday evening ( dead time in Europe) after I was late to pick up one I originally booked in Sienna. I arrived at Bonello by bus completely hopeless, but Luca found for me a car in Chiusi and arranged taxi to get there... So I had a wonderful time exploring this magnificent area!
The place itself was nice, quiet with relaxing atmosphere. I completely forgot about the hustle and bustle while being there. The apartment I slept in, was enormous, clean and quite authentic, and their Saturday dinner was my best gourmand experience in Italy, Bravo!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
kermit99
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We loved our stay at Bonello. The location is beautiful (it was also a bit farther than we expected - if you think you've gone too far, go another ten minutes and you'll find it!). We did one of the hosted dinners, which ended long after the food was served, drinking grappa and talking with new friends - and there was more food than I could ever have eaten; they were also very helpful in making me a vegetarian option.

Luca is the real gem - very friendly and knowledgeable, he has lots of resources for visitors and the map he gave us was invaluable.

You are staying in the middle of the country, so expect a fly or two. But the room and bathroom were large; and the fridge was stocked with wine glasses and a wine opener, which was perfect after a day at the enotecas.

We hope to come back to Tuscany someday and we would definitely come back here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Padova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

An excellent location, beautiful rooms, delicious food at brekfast ( I could not try restaurant), humble and workers owners. The view at dawn and sunset from this hill worts the trip. A wonderful pool, a delicious stone, and speaceful rooms complte the picture. I would love to mention Mrs. tosca and his tasty cakes! My deepest compliments! Keep as you are! I will return soon.

Room Tip: Book on time!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Pacifica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a 16 day holiday in Italy. We stayed in Tuscany for eight nights and all of our nights were spent at the Bonello farmhouse. The location is beyond PERFECT - when you see a postcard of Tuscany, this is exactly what it looks like (the only thing missing were the sunflowers and that's because we went in October). Luca (the owner) is very helpful and his parents are super sweet (I enjoyed seeing his mother every morning during breakfast). Bonello is also centrally located if you want to visit other towns by car. We highly recommend Bonello - this vacation felt like the honeymoon we never had (15 years ago). We have been traveling for many years and we can truly say that our stay at Bonello has been one of the best experiences we've had. You can't help but feel inspired when you are surrounded by so much beauty. On a side note - you can drive to the town of Cortona (this is where "Under the Tuscan Sun" was filmed).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Divonne-les-Bains, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was our first visit to Tuscany but unfortunately, it was only for 3 nights. There is so much to see in this region, both historically and culturally, and then there is the food - wow. This peaceful Agriturismo is so well situated, just a few kilometers from Pienza and just over 40kms to the very beautiful World Heritage site of Siena - the capital city of the province. The family running the Agriturismo is very warm-hearted, welcoming and helpful, and the homemade cakes are truly fantastic. We would highly recommend this Agriturismo and we certainly look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed 10 days in Bonello. Were in Tuscany before. Good location near beautiful Pienza. Very nice and clean rooms with well equipped kitchen. Luca very helpful all the time. Access to nice swimming pool. The only little problem is lack of air conditioner in the room (that's why sleep quality is affected). We knew up front it was not there so nothing to complain about but I know Luca and the owners will consider installing same. Once that’s done the place will have no weak points

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed one week in this beautiful place; everything was really perfect!!
Once we decided to go to Tuscany, we made a 'last minute booking' which was pretty easy by mobile phone and one further SMS with our details. Luca - the owner of the agritourismo - is very friendly and is managing every situation with patience and discretion. Overall, we enjoyed the accommodation, the pool, the landscape and the dinners offered at Fri/Sat evening (a must have - you should not miss it!).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Agriturismo Bonello? Share your experiences!