“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fonte Bertusi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pienza
Fonte Bertusi
Save Saved
You added Fonte Bertusi to your Saves list
Podere Fonte Betusi di Sotto, 74, 53026 Pienza, Italy   |
Ranked #3 of 51 Specialty lodging in Pienza
Edmonton, Alberta
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at Fonte Bertusi for 3 nights in October, 2012. We chose Fonte Bertusi because of its close proximity to Pienza (a favourite Tuscan towns) -- we wanted to be able to enjoy our dinners without the annoyance of a long drive in the dark afterwards. We stayed in the La Mandorlo apartment and were very impressed. The apartment was huge and was probably the most private of all of the available options. It was the perfect place to relax and recharge. I highly recommend and hope to return some day!
Many other reviewers have commented about the wonderful art in and around Fonte Bertusi. I should mention (not as a criticism, simply as something to be aware of) that the apartment we stayed in contained some pieces that travellers with children might not be entirely comfortable with.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We discovered Fonte Bertusi a few years ago and were immediately captured by its magic! Fantastic location, idyllic atmosphere, peace and tranquillity throughout, the friendliest hosts, a magnificent care and attention to details which clearly shows up the minute you walk down the unpaved road to reach the property. Allegorical sculptures spread all over the place make you feel you are in a one of a kind, very special place. Uniqueness is visible everywhere and what a beautiful, delicate taste the owners have! It gets inside every sensitive guest and adds unparalleled value to the final relaxation effect you get at the end of your stay. It truly feels like home away from home and for this reason it is natural to think you go back to Fonte Bertusi time after time, like we do. We try a different apartment each time and this adds to the joy of discovering a new part of this wonderful Tuscan dream. Edoardo, Andrea and Manuela improve the property every year and we found new sculptures (they are true, inspiring artists), new outdoor areas, new features like the amazingly fast wi-fi dsl internet connection (even faster than our own dsl wi-fi at home!) surrounded by the usual warm hospitality, as if we were dear friends. How wonderful! We truly, truly recommend you choose Fonte Bertusi if you are seeking a holiday in the REAL Tuscany, unaffected by mass tourism, yet minutes from one of the best wonders of Tuscany, ancient Pienza. Have you ever seen postcards of Tuscany and its countryside? Well, we can tell you they've been shot around Fonte Bertusi, for we have many such postcards and we recognized the exact places (a little church on top of a hill surrounded by two cypress trees, a lonely, small round cypress forest in the middle of gentle hills, the so called "crete" right before your eyes and many more places). As attentive quality holiday home seekers for our own blog listing unique vacation rentals worldwide, Fonte Bertusi is our next feature and we know our readers will not be disappointed! Bravo!
One last mention: very noteworthy, the SPA and Massage Area is well worth considering and Bruno's treatments are fantastic! I got stuck with my back on day 2 due to a wrong movement and Bruno Pisano (it's all part of the family and everyone is specialized in something great) brought me back to life. No kidding! I couldn't walk and had to spend a day in bed. After Bruno treated my back, the pain was gone and I was able to walk and stand again.
Tips for foodies: stock up on different kinds of Pecorino cheese (aged with pepper, seasoned with spices, with chocolate, or saffron, with truffles), the specialty of the area, get Tuscan bread, a "Salame di Cinta", a good bottle of wine, then head back to your unit in Fonte Bertusi and enjoy a really genuine, simple yet amazing meal on your patio overlooking the pool, or the countryside. There is also a huge bbq and long table for truly awesome dinners we haven't tried yet, but we save it for next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vieste, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have been to Fonte Bertusi 3 times because I only discovered it 2 years ago. I can only thank Manuela, Andrea, Eduardo, Manuela's mother because of their hospitable and kind behaviour. Indeed, I feel that I am at home at Fonte Bertusi and this is the place in which I have felt the best during the almost 20 times that I have visited the bela Italia. I enjoyed a lot the interesting talks to Manuela and Andrea and to play with the littel bambina Matilde. I regret that I did not learned Italian because I could have had more interesting conversations with all of them. I dream of coming back at any time although the most glorious time is SPRING MAY, the views from Fonte Bertusi are these kind of panorama that will remain in my memory for good as a scene of one of teh ballet by the Bolshoi that you remember to try to feel better and make you feel better and to see these pictures again is a delicious experience. My respect and thanks to all these marvellous people who are charming encantadores, because of their human generosity and sense of good taste and responsability.

Room Tip: Every room is marvellous!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I, along with another couple, stayed at Fonte Bertusi for five nights and the stay exceeded our expectations. Manuela, Andrea, Eduardo - everyone is so kind and hospitable, you feel right at home. The grounds are so beautiful - between the pool, the solarium, the charming barbecue and wood burning oven areas - you could not dream such a place. And the breakfasts! I had to be pulled away before I ate everything in sight! The farmhouse is so close to lovely Pienza which has its own lovely atmosphere and delicious trattorias. If you want to have the perfect holiday in Tuscany, look no further.

Room Tip: We stayed in Il Glicine - it's perfect for four people with a lovely patio that spills right ont...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Roseville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Fonte Bertusi was our Tuscan home for four nights in May 2012. The owners were extremely friendly, pleasant and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The location was great for day trips exploring the area and in the center of the main attractions of Val d'Orchia. The scenery around the house is breathtaking. We enjoyed the sunsets by the pool, very nice breakfast and the spacious apartment we had - we dream of returning to this place.

Room Tip: The apartments vary by size but in my opinon are all very nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stayed at Fonte Bertusi for 4 nights in October 2011 and fell in love with the place. You know those romantic images of Tuscany you see in the movies? Well this is it. The accommodations are amazing and the views simply spectacular. Our hosts catered to our any need and the breakfast was to die for. The setting is an artist and photographer's dream. Fonte Bertusi is well located. We rented a car and took day trips to all the Tuscan hill towns. Of all the places we stayed in Italy, this was by far our very favourite. We've already recommened it to friends and family and wouldn't hesitate to go back. I can't say enough about Fonte Bertusi. You won't be disappointed staying here.

Room Tip: Each suite has its own special character. Check the images on their website.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Me and my girlfriend spend a long Easter weekend in this magic place. The atmosphere and the mood are spectacular. Wonderful landscapes and perfect silence make even a short walk around the building such a nice experience. If you want to spend a wonderful time in Val d'Orcia, this is the place to go cause the location is convenient. Unforgettable the delicious breakfast and the nice pieces of art all around the gardens that give a touch of magic to the experience.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fonte Bertusi? Share your experiences!